1992 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
The BEST Car EVER MADE!!!!
By yummy_honie on 08/03/11 06:21 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

I bought my car back in January 2009 and it has been almost 3 years. Its a 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback and it has been my life saver. I named her Lil Magic because she never lets me down. Its so funny because for it to be such a old car, almost 20 yrs old, she still keeps up with the best of them effortlessly. We are often doing 90 on the highway and joke around with my bf and I tell him that the car actually prefers to go fast. Im not kidding she is FAST!!. I dd not do any modifications yet but I plan to in the future. I sometimes wish I had power lock doors and windows but the cars loyalty to me means much more. Ppl see me on the street and always wanna buy here. I love my car.

Fun, Solid, and Great MPG
By LT on 08/01/09 16:30 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

This car is a lot of fun to drive around Chicago. The light weight, the 5-speed manual, the 1.5 liter engine, and the tight handling make it feel sporty. Low maintenance. High MPG. The body is solid but starting to rust a bit around the rear wheel wells. After a wash and wax, I get offers from random people on the street to buy it. Just can't bring myself to replace it. Honda really did this one right.

Great Car / Timeless
By Texas Car on 11/11/08 13:55 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

I have had my 92 for 16 years and have no plans to get rid of it. The Little Red Car has 185K miles on it and has been extremely trustworthy. I am a Japanese car tech by trade and only use OEM Honda parts when possible. The axle shafts are the originals. I have, during it's life, installed the second set of boots after the originals. The rotors and drums have never been machined. I am now on the first set of OEM replacement shoes and second set of OEM pads. I am on the first timing belt, water pump and front engine seals, with new drive belts. I will be installing the second replacement belts, tensioner, valve adjust, plugs and misc within the next few days. Then, here I come 250K miles.

What a great car!!
By ace1932 on 07/03/08 15:48 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

My dad purchased the car when it was new back in 1992 from a dealer in Southern California. It's my car now and I love it! Sure it has no pick-up and I'm making more frequent trips to the shop. All in all, it's a great car! Handling is fantastic!! I routinely get 36 MPG in the city, while using 87 octane gas!! The build quality is great! My car has never had any rust issues and it still has the engine it came with when new. It now has over 170k miles on it, but still works really well. The original clutch lasted 137k miles!! So yes, the car will never die. I routinely get offers from random people on the street to buy my car. Oh yes, and my A/C compressor is in need of replacement.

Really nice car
By albert on 01/10/08 06:41 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

Well this car like the common old car gave me the typical problems, catalytic converter, then the brakes, and one problem whit a washer somewhere in the engine, but after almos 70 000 miles what do you expect, yes, I put like 35k miles per year to that car.

Excellent car ever made
By tony on 03/26/07 00:19 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

this is my first car and i am driving it from last 5 months...it's excellent. it's comfortable, fun, dependable. i bought it used. previous owner was careless, he never care for it. since i bought it it sits in garage. it's an automatic but i SHIFT AT!! MPG is low (because of my driving habits 3rd at 80 mph)..i don't like driving my second car (2003 accord).. i like most is its comfort. it feels solid.. wish if honda restart its production with 300+ HP, I am really gonna buy 1.. I LOVE MY EG!!!

Small yet big on the inside
By Lukas on 01/16/06 12:25 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback VX 2dr Hatchback

Overall a great car. Small yet roomy on the inside. Superb car on the gas! Small engine but w/ 5-speed was able to keep up w/ "big guys". I ended my Honda experience being crushed by a tractor-trailer at the stop sign - I am alive but I cannot imagine surviving a real crush

Finally, a place to praise her!
By Ray C on 11/28/05 21:35 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

Purchasing her was a nightmare, but owning her is a dream. This car has seen: 5 roundtrip treks from Chicago to L.A., plowed through 2 ft deep snow (clearing a path for a Blazer for 4 miles), ran into the side of a mountain (friend borrowed her), carried everything I owned as a bachelor, beats camaros through intersections (then loses a block later, lol), looks great, runs better, and is still ready for more. I realize no one will probably see this because of the year, but she is worth the effort to type a few words of praise. I will look back on the time i owned her, and smile. I will always compare future cars to her. My children will drive Civic HB's as their startup cars if I can convince them.

My 2nd VX and better than the 1st !!!
By Ken was IL now MI on 11/17/05 21:41 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback VX 2dr Hatchback

I owned my 1st VX for 10 years - see my 5/2002 review in this section. I was very sad when I sold it but I did because it started to rust badly in several areas. While looking at the bargain section of the car classifieds of the Detroit newspaper I found another 92 VX! for only $1500! What's great about this one? NO SERIOUS RUST!! Three years later????? Anyway the new one (14 years young next month) is really fantastic. It has only 128,000 miles, doesn't leak/burn/use oil, the engine runs like new and the interior is in better shape than my 1st VX - seats and carpeting are mint. Still has the same advantages and disadvantages as the old one but if I could find another 92 I'd buy it!!

What a Great Car
By beaker on 03/11/05 13:15 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback VX 2dr Hatchback

With gas prices so high only Hybrids can do better for mileage. This car has high interior noise, the seats are not that comfortable and rust is showing up in the rear quater panels but that is about the end of the bad stuff. Almost 283K miles, no major engine work and average mileage is around 40 MPG. It handles well and keeps up in city traffic no problem. I have seen several civics customized but this one won't see that kind of work until the engine goes.