1992 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Small yet big on the inside
By Lukas on 01/16/06 12:25 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

Overall a great car. Small yet roomy on the inside. Superb car on the gas! Small engine but w/ 5-speed was able to keep up w/ "big guys". I ended my Honda experience being crushed by a tractor-trailer at the stop sign - I am alive but I cannot imagine surviving a real crush

My 2nd VX and better than the 1st !!!
By Ken was IL now MI on 11/17/05 21:41 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

I owned my 1st VX for 10 years - see my 5/2002 review in this section. I was very sad when I sold it but I did because it started to rust badly in several areas. While looking at the bargain section of the car classifieds of the Detroit newspaper I found another 92 VX! for only $1500! What's great about this one? NO SERIOUS RUST!! Three years later????? Anyway the new one (14 years young next month) is really fantastic. It has only 128,000 miles, doesn't leak/burn/use oil, the engine runs like new and the interior is in better shape than my 1st VX - seats and carpeting are mint. Still has the same advantages and disadvantages as the old one but if I could find another 92 I'd buy it!!

What a Great Car
By beaker on 03/11/05 13:15 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

With gas prices so high only Hybrids can do better for mileage. This car has high interior noise, the seats are not that comfortable and rust is showing up in the rear quater panels but that is about the end of the bad stuff. Almost 283K miles, no major engine work and average mileage is around 40 MPG. It handles well and keeps up in city traffic no problem. I have seen several civics customized but this one won't see that kind of work until the engine goes.

Superb 1992 Honda Civic VX
By H. Pierce on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

In 11 years of ownership, only four items have broken, two under warranty. A heat shield loosened and rattled, interior locking latches broke on both doors, the distributor cap cracked. Total repair bills: $353 (including 1 tow). All other items have been scheduled maintenance and expected replacements (e.g. battery, tires, CV boots, exhaust system) Overall average efficiency is 46 mpg in my mix of city and suburban freeway driving.

CIVIC
By yonskibabe on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

purchased with 60,000 miles and has 165,000 now. Best posssible small car available!

10 years of trouble-free driving
By Ken was IL now MI on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

Best car I've ever owned. Only replaced the typical (tires, battery, brakes,tuneup,timing belt,etc) Needed new CV boots at 140,000. Replaced driveshafts (about $330.00). Used Mobil 1 since 500 miles. Maintains 42 MPG city/highway. Rust is starting to become a concern. Wonder how much longer it will still look acceptable.

After 10 years, I still love this car
By Robbin on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

I bought my VX new in 1992. 170,000 miles later, and I still love this car. In all those miles, I have had to replace only the distributor and the coil. Fantastic. Handles like a dream and still looks new. Finish and interior wore exceptionally well. I wish they hadn't stopped putting the V- tech engine in the Civic - this was one awesome car.