1992 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Look on the road, these cars last
By jonas on 06/21/10 21:08 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I've been tempted to see the car, trade it in for anything because the car lasts so long. I am the original owner when it first came out it was the first rounded edge small luxury car. Sure somethings needed replacement: 2 radiators, 1 set cv boots 3 alternators, 2 ignition coils. Every thing else I could replace myself. I solved the problem of wind noise 14 years later with a rubber band stuffed in the door rubber grommets to press it against the window better and to place some noise insulation underneath the floor and inside the front doors. Get a k & n air filter and pickup from stop is good enough. On the freeway, given the light weight, at high speed it can match any car from 70+

Best car to own by a student
By Andrei on 12/21/09 07:11 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I gave this car all tens because it never let me down. I commute 35 miles 5 days a week to school, in Vermont, and it always took me there, no matter how bad the weather was, or how deep the snow got. Having a low clearance it's very stable while cornering. And mileage, only a hybrid would get a better mileage than this car. I will remain with Honda and drive this baby for as long as it can take me.

Back to Honda
By Jerry on 04/29/08 08:15 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

We had Hondas before, and glad to be owners and drivers of one again. This Honda had 150,000 miles (now about 155,1115 miles) when we bought it. It had been well-maintained, and runs great. After about six months, still no problems (other than a cracked windshield and headlight bezel). Just a few weeks after buying the car, we drove it 490 miles in one day when we relocated from Scranton, PA to Norfolk, VA. I'm now commuting 16 miles to work round trip daily, five days per week, in addition to a lot of running around when not working. We had Hondas in the past (1990 Civic DX, 1984 Civic), and very happy to be back into Hondas, where we will stay. Have several kids who also drive Hondas

Honda Civic
By Peter on 11/17/06 01:06 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Usually spending 200 USD/YEAR for repairing. It was eating 10 liters/ 100 km in city.

On it goes!
By Bob on 08/31/06 16:23 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $350.00 with 191,000 miles. It has hail damage, some rust, and, as the seller's ad said, is not much to look at. BUT. It runs very well, gets amazing gas mileage (42 highway), and has been totally reliable to date. Performance- wise it is nothing to write home about- -as Rolls used to say when asked how many horsepower their cars have, they would reply "Adequate." So it is with the Civic. The interior has aged fairly well, though the body less so. And everything still works! All in all, a solid little commuter car that is as close to free to drive as you can get.

Amazing
By poland21489 on 05/07/06 11:52 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Obviously, the gas mileage is astounding. This car has been driven hard constantly, and it's never given me a problem. Everything about driving it is reassuring, including clutch/shifter/sterring/suspension. Great car at 130k miles, hoping for another 100k

Most Reliable Car I ever had
By Jay on 04/01/06 05:07 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought it used with over 100k on it now it has 208k and still going sold rock. If you do not look at the odometer you would think it has below 50k. Never let me down. No mechanical problems just change the oil every 3k and put gas.

Civic lover
By Tina on 11/10/05 14:19 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2002 and put 40k mi on it in 3 1/2 years never had one prob. I sold it with 216k mi for a newer civic, and then sold that for an suv, I miss driving a civic so much I am going to buy another one here soon. Best car I have ever driven!!

Wouldn't buy any other brand car
By hondas forever on 09/23/05 22:19 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Hondas are an excellent car. They are very reiliable and run forever with normal little maintance, like the pink bunny. 247,000 mostly highway miles and still going extremely strong. Purchased with 105,000 miles in 1996. Good leg and head room. Great resale value.

WOW!
By Honda Civic Lover on 12/30/04 07:22 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Perfect first car. Reliable, cute, and fuel efficient. Highly recommend.