Used 1992 Honda Civic DX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

5 Stars Across The Board - Best Car Built
By cool_breeze1

1992 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

Best built car ever in my opinion. Great built, reliability, design, fuel efficiency, repairability. I still have this car - 156,000 miles, body and frame are still holding up after a decade in salt country, parts are easy to find, inexpensive, easy to replace. By the way, this is the second one I have owned and real MPG is actually BETTER than the government-stats posted online - this one gets 38 MPG highway, my previous one got 44 MPG highway, both are in the 30's in the city - better than many older hybrids without all the batteries. I don't drive it any more but really cannot part with it because it is a rare gem of an auto - one designed with quality in mind rather than profit.

Everything. Incredible space for a small car, incredible zip for a small engine, phenomenal reliability, inexpensive parts, just great design work all-around.

Only improvement is that they should have run with this design for a much longer period of time. The 1992 - 1994 Civics, especially DX and LX, were designed with the owner in mind rather than with making a disposable vehicle for manufacturer profitability like 99% of all other car models.

Best Car I've owned
By xXShiXx

1992 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I brought this car in June 2009 with 226K miles, I've added an additional 9K miles since then. Haven't had any problems whatso ever yet, knock on wood. The only thing with this Civic is that its FWD and kills the front two tires quickly. No complaints though, i plan on keeping this for a good while.

Great gas mileage, Quick speed, and Reliability

none

wonderful little civic
By samcivic

1992 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

Brought the cute Civic for good gas mileage, reliability and low cost to operate and it delivers. I had a fast prelude, the Civic has little performance, but is fun to drive and light weight very good on the snow. The Civic look small, but very roomy and comfortable even for tall a person like myself. The Civic is the best bargain I can think of. Very happy to own a cute little Civic.

Nice gas mileage. Fun to drive. Reliable to drive. Cheap insurance. I am '511 fit nicely.

Everything is cheap to operate, i won't ask for more.

Great work car
By SavivnGas

1992 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

With fuel the way it is, I parked the F 150 crew cab and purchased this vehicle used, with 88,844 original miles on it. I have not owned it long, but I am already wondering what I ever did with out it. My first fuel cycle, resulted in a MPG of 40.8, mostly highway. That is a lot better than the 17.5 I was getting. Now, my wife, 2 daughters and myself are all driving Honda's, ranging from 92 Civic, 02 Accord, 04 Accord and 07 Civic. These have all been great vehicles and I can imagine owning any other make.

Reliability and fuel mileage

I am satisfied

Excellent car
By Realist731

1992 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

The car is built very well and will last for a very long time if not driven like a race car and oil changed as scheduled. I have 177K on mine right now and can't imagine it not making it to 250-300K. It runs great and it's the most dependable car I've ever had.

Inside has a lot of room.

None. It's 2006 now and there has been great improvement made to the new models.