1992 Honda Civic 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1992 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

CX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great Car / Timeless
By Texas Car on 11/11/08 13:55 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

I have had my 92 for 16 years and have no plans to get rid of it. The Little Red Car has 185K miles on it and has been extremely trustworthy. I am a Japanese car tech by trade and only use OEM Honda parts when possible. The axle shafts are the originals. I have, during it's life, installed the second set of boots after the originals. The rotors and drums have never been machined. I am now on the first set of OEM replacement shoes and second set of OEM pads. I am on the first timing belt, water pump and front engine seals, with new drive belts. I will be installing the second replacement belts, tensioner, valve adjust, plugs and misc within the next few days. Then, here I come 250K miles.

What a great car!!
By ace1932 on 07/03/08 15:48 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

My dad purchased the car when it was new back in 1992 from a dealer in Southern California. It's my car now and I love it! Sure it has no pick-up and I'm making more frequent trips to the shop. All in all, it's a great car! Handling is fantastic!! I routinely get 36 MPG in the city, while using 87 octane gas!! The build quality is great! My car has never had any rust issues and it still has the engine it came with when new. It now has over 170k miles on it, but still works really well. The original clutch lasted 137k miles!! So yes, the car will never die. I routinely get offers from random people on the street to buy my car. Oh yes, and my A/C compressor is in need of replacement.

Really nice car
By albert on 01/10/08 06:41 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

Well this car like the common old car gave me the typical problems, catalytic converter, then the brakes, and one problem whit a washer somewhere in the engine, but after almos 70 000 miles what do you expect, yes, I put like 35k miles per year to that car.

And Still Going.........
By Energizer B on 12/28/04 18:52 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new.. the little gas sipper, like that certain rabbit keeps on going... Have hauled lots in that hatchback including a dining room table and chairs in three trips. At 154000 still runs great, low maintenance, and keeping it till it dies....

a great little car
By zchick on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

I have had this car for five years now and have just decided to sell it for a bigger vehicle. It has 178,000 miles and is still kickin'. It has taken me to New England (850 miles) and back and many places in between. I would recommend these cars to anyone.

Civic in Crisis
By Atlanta Zach on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

Purchased as my first car, my Civic may have to be retired pretty soon. Purchased at 92k miles, currently 150k , it seems pretty young, esp. for a Honda. I've had radiator flushed, and checked (along with hoses) for leaks, had the thermostat replaced three times in two months, no coolant leakage, overheats regularly. Due to nearly non-existent residual value I'm going to buy a replacement and tear it down to attempt a ressurection. It HADn't given me many problems the entire time I owned the car even with sometimes inconsistent maintenance. I would recommend the model to a potential buyer but beware overheating issues.

IT JUST WONT DIE
By Silencer on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

i had a civic 1992 cx , so far its the first and best car i have had. for a first car i was really killing it. didnt do an oil change in 6 or 9 months, i was driving without oil sometimes , even brought it to 190kmph WITHOUT OIL... i was young :) and freaking nuts. :( ... after all i did to it , it rarly died on me. and when it did it was an old part that did its time (clutch at 180k, radiator at 177k brakes,) thats it the only reason i sold it is cuz it was rusted like hell. and clutch died cuz i was teaching my friends to drive standard and they were killing it) VERY RELIABLE CAR ! and the body holds together more than the new cardboard civics.

Great fuel economy car
By cheese9988 on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

Great fuel efficient and reliable car, am buying a 91 crx now. Car usually got around 36-38mpg and stick shift makes it fun to drive. Very easy to work on and easy to find parts for even for an import. Usual tune up parts was all that needed fixing. I would definitely recommed.

what a worry-free fun drive
By xrbn on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

Had this car since new in 1992. 160,000 miles later, I still can't part with it. Trade in/resale is about 500 bucks but worth so much more! Husband threatening to haul it away - says it is time. I've had to replace the cheap exhaust 2x and rust above rear wheels is a problem. People still love the hatchback folding down and I fit a large dresser in there one time - plus can fit 5 bales of straw in there at a time! Handling around corners is superb!