Used 1992 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

1992 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Worst car I ever owned
By stuckinutah

1992 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car on its reputation. That was my first mistake, the second was keeping it. I have owned it for two and a half years and about 40,000 miles, but it seems like it has been in the shop more than on the road. Items fixed/replaced, head gaskets, water pump, timing belt, alternator, radiator and hoses. Plus I have to check the oil and radiator fluid every 100 miles to top them off. I put 5 quarts of oil in between each oil change, which I get every 3000 miles. It is going to be sold ,or driven off a cliff, this spring when I get a more reliable car.

DTD
By harrowing_lane

1992 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I drove this car until it died. I got the car in 1998 and I got my 350 dollars out of it that I definitely owe Honda some money (Don't tell them that). The car currently has 298000 miles on it. They really don't make cars like that anymore. Sometimes it was really hard to start but always kept me safe. I drove this car from NY to PA, TN, IN, GA, SC, FL, CT, OH to name a few places. I loved my car rust and all. The thing is the engine is still alive and kicking .Thing is the car will fall apart but the engine is really built to last. Its just water is coming in now and the alternator has finally died. Bottom line if I could get a semi new 1992 Honda Civic. I would buy it yesterday.

Favorite Features

All

Suggested Improvements

Nothing really except rusting occurs but who can really complain car is over 20 years old

The BEST Car EVER MADE!!!!
By yummy_honie

1992 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

I bought my car back in January 2009 and it has been almost 3 years. Its a 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback and it has been my life saver. I named her Lil Magic because she never lets me down. Its so funny because for it to be such a old car, almost 20 yrs old, she still keeps up with the best of them effortlessly. We are often doing 90 on the highway and joke around with my bf and I tell him that the car actually prefers to go fast. Im not kidding she is FAST!!. I dd not do any modifications yet but I plan to in the future. I sometimes wish I had power lock doors and windows but the cars loyalty to me means much more. Ppl see me on the street and always wanna buy here. I love my car.

Favorite Features

Well the favorite feature is that she is so small. She can zoom in and out of traffic effortless. Park in the smallest of spaces, I live in DC so parking is very competitive. So reliable and she never runs out of gas until she gets me home. What a loyal car. Never breaks down on me. The car just loves to be out on the road. Can take long trips still to this day and is quite a looker in my opinion. To some she is a old piece of crap but they are idiots because in my eyes she is just as good as any new car.

Suggested Improvements

Well at this point there is no way to improve a almost 20 yr old car. But Im putting in a better muffler, snow tires. I am going to change the headlights and taillights and make minor mods. I ultimately want to get turbo on the engine but that is further down the line.

Look on the road, these cars last
By jonas

1992 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I've been tempted to see the car, trade it in for anything because the car lasts so long. I am the original owner when it first came out it was the first rounded edge small luxury car. Sure somethings needed replacement: 2 radiators, 1 set cv boots 3 alternators, 2 ignition coils. Every thing else I could replace myself. I solved the problem of wind noise 14 years later with a rubber band stuffed in the door rubber grommets to press it against the window better and to place some noise insulation underneath the floor and inside the front doors. Get a k & n air filter and pickup from stop is good enough. On the freeway, given the light weight, at high speed it can match any car from 70+

Favorite Features

cheap cheap cheap to run and keep running. best car of its time and outlasts even newer civics. people know it is a high quality car regardless of age.

Suggested Improvements

better uv protection for windows and paint. even new civics are just as noisy and engine buzzy.

Best Car I've owned
By xXShiXx

1992 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I brought this car in June 2009 with 226K miles, I've added an additional 9K miles since then. Haven't had any problems whatso ever yet, knock on wood. The only thing with this Civic is that its FWD and kills the front two tires quickly. No complaints though, i plan on keeping this for a good while.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, Quick speed, and Reliability

Suggested Improvements

none