1992 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
DTD
By harrowing_lane on 09/14/12 04:38 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I drove this car until it died. I got the car in 1998 and I got my 350 dollars out of it that I definitely owe Honda some money (Don't tell them that). The car currently has 298000 miles on it. They really don't make cars like that anymore. Sometimes it was really hard to start but always kept me safe. I drove this car from NY to PA, TN, IN, GA, SC, FL, CT, OH to name a few places. I loved my car rust and all. The thing is the engine is still alive and kicking .Thing is the car will fall apart but the engine is really built to last. Its just water is coming in now and the alternator has finally died. Bottom line if I could get a semi new 1992 Honda Civic. I would buy it yesterday.

The BEST Car EVER MADE!!!!
By yummy_honie on 08/03/11 06:21 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

I bought my car back in January 2009 and it has been almost 3 years. Its a 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback and it has been my life saver. I named her Lil Magic because she never lets me down. Its so funny because for it to be such a old car, almost 20 yrs old, she still keeps up with the best of them effortlessly. We are often doing 90 on the highway and joke around with my bf and I tell him that the car actually prefers to go fast. Im not kidding she is FAST!!. I dd not do any modifications yet but I plan to in the future. I sometimes wish I had power lock doors and windows but the cars loyalty to me means much more. Ppl see me on the street and always wanna buy here. I love my car.

Look on the road, these cars last
By jonas on 06/21/10 21:08 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I've been tempted to see the car, trade it in for anything because the car lasts so long. I am the original owner when it first came out it was the first rounded edge small luxury car. Sure somethings needed replacement: 2 radiators, 1 set cv boots 3 alternators, 2 ignition coils. Every thing else I could replace myself. I solved the problem of wind noise 14 years later with a rubber band stuffed in the door rubber grommets to press it against the window better and to place some noise insulation underneath the floor and inside the front doors. Get a k & n air filter and pickup from stop is good enough. On the freeway, given the light weight, at high speed it can match any car from 70+

Best Car I've owned
By xXShiXx on 01/22/10 21:53 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I brought this car in June 2009 with 226K miles, I've added an additional 9K miles since then. Haven't had any problems whatso ever yet, knock on wood. The only thing with this Civic is that its FWD and kills the front two tires quickly. No complaints though, i plan on keeping this for a good while.

Best car to own by a student
By Andrei on 12/21/09 07:11 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I gave this car all tens because it never let me down. I commute 35 miles 5 days a week to school, in Vermont, and it always took me there, no matter how bad the weather was, or how deep the snow got. Having a low clearance it's very stable while cornering. And mileage, only a hybrid would get a better mileage than this car. I will remain with Honda and drive this baby for as long as it can take me.

Fun, Solid, and Great MPG
By LT on 08/01/09 16:30 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

This car is a lot of fun to drive around Chicago. The light weight, the 5-speed manual, the 1.5 liter engine, and the tight handling make it feel sporty. Low maintenance. High MPG. The body is solid but starting to rust a bit around the rear wheel wells. After a wash and wax, I get offers from random people on the street to buy it. Just can't bring myself to replace it. Honda really did this one right.

Awesome
By joetron on 04/27/09 20:48 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

We bought this car with 125,000, and it has been faithful to us for 7 years and 75,000 miles. We have done standard maintenance for a 17 year old car (new muffler, changed the belts, new clutch). Other than that, nothing but standard maintenance. The car has never broken down, all the electronics still work, and it still runs great.

Great Car / Timeless
By Texas Car on 11/11/08 13:55 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

I have had my 92 for 16 years and have no plans to get rid of it. The Little Red Car has 185K miles on it and has been extremely trustworthy. I am a Japanese car tech by trade and only use OEM Honda parts when possible. The axle shafts are the originals. I have, during it's life, installed the second set of boots after the originals. The rotors and drums have never been machined. I am now on the first set of OEM replacement shoes and second set of OEM pads. I am on the first timing belt, water pump and front engine seals, with new drive belts. I will be installing the second replacement belts, tensioner, valve adjust, plugs and misc within the next few days. Then, here I come 250K miles.

wonderful little civic
By samcivic on 10/17/08 00:57 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

Brought the cute Civic for good gas mileage, reliability and low cost to operate and it delivers. I had a fast prelude, the Civic has little performance, but is fun to drive and light weight very good on the snow. The Civic look small, but very roomy and comfortable even for tall a person like myself. The Civic is the best bargain I can think of. Very happy to own a cute little Civic.

What a great car!!
By ace1932 on 07/03/08 15:48 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

My dad purchased the car when it was new back in 1992 from a dealer in Southern California. It's my car now and I love it! Sure it has no pick-up and I'm making more frequent trips to the shop. All in all, it's a great car! Handling is fantastic!! I routinely get 36 MPG in the city, while using 87 octane gas!! The build quality is great! My car has never had any rust issues and it still has the engine it came with when new. It now has over 170k miles on it, but still works really well. The original clutch lasted 137k miles!! So yes, the car will never die. I routinely get offers from random people on the street to buy my car. Oh yes, and my A/C compressor is in need of replacement.