ole' reliable
By ck45 on
1991 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan
Well first off, I bought the car from an old man for $1500, when I was a senior in high school. I looked at and was in excellent condition inside and out, but I checked the odometer and showed 289,000. I was thinking wow this thing is gonna blow up when I drive it. Soon after talking about it I asked for a test drive and honestly it drove and handled just fine. It is a 5 speed and had a 1.5 L with a new alternator and starter.
Favorite Features
Perfect gas mileage. I live in Texas and have to drive from the town weatherford to a little town called sweetwater (roughly 20 miles west of Abilene) for college. I'm getting around 40-42 mpg doing 70 mph on highway. The ride is decent and my iPod helps for the long drives.
Suggested Improvements
With 326,761 on the clock, I have had no problems at all. It's still the original engine and I change the oil and filter every 4,000 miles with Lucas oil stabilizer. The Lucas gives the internal parts like a film and reduces wear on any moving parts. Eventually needs new motor but it still runs good.