1991 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Loved my 91 Civic LX

1991 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Loved my 91 Civic LX
By janderson5 on

1991 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Grandma bought this $1900 car as a present for my 16th b-day (Oct 04). Had 107k on it. 2 prev owners, last was teen girl also. I was really hard on it 1st 2yr, it was my 1st & I drove it rough & changed the oil about every 6-7k. Then I got smart changed oil every 3k & the tranny fluid every 15k. After HS, took car to GU & made 9.5 trips over Snoq Pass b/t Seattle & Spokane, fair amount of weight in it too. On last trip to Sea, oil light came on 60mi outside Spo, stopped at local repair shop, no eng knocking, so said it was faulty light, light went on and off rest way, then in mid of pass, it died. Oil pump went, blowing the cam shaft. That car was my baby, and when it died, I cried for days.

Size-perfect for 5'2" female & it felt like a go-cart. No shaking til 100+mph. GREAT w/gas-at 70-75mph on the trips it got 32-38mpg, 25mi of stop&go it got 25-28mpg, ran on fumes, book says 11.2g tank, once put in 12g. Good pick-up for 1.6L engine. AWESOME turn radius, can pull a U-y ANYWHERE!

Fix the auto trans!