Dream Bean
By Alcestis on
1991 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback
My first car was the STD model of this car, which I drove to 117k miles, sold and then bought the Si version at 108k miles from a good friend of mine. With the exception of two minor (only a few inches across) rust spots by the wheel well, this fourteen year old car still has the orig engine, clutch and tranny. I do NOT baby this car, I actually autocross it now, as well as driving it everyday. It's certainly more reliable than my 99 Volvo (with only 56k miles). Only slight wear to the side of the front seat (where I rub against getting in) otherwise interior is pristine. I haven't even changed all the light bulbs! I will NEVER sell this car.
Favorite Features
It's dammed peppy for 108hp. Insanely comfortable seats for an "economy" car. Still gets the same incredible gas mileage it got 14 years ago. Phenomenal view - I can see everything out the side, front, and rear (esp that SUV bearing down on me). It never breaks!!!!!
Suggested Improvements
Perhaps a bullet proof sunroof? Mine has leaked for quite sometime. But I know that's a pipe dream, and I use it almost every day. A bit more rustproofing on the exhaust, I've had a couple of B pipes and mufflers replaced, but it IS a low car (stock, not lowered)