Used 1991 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

14 years later
By Mook's Mom

1991 Honda Civic 4dr Wagon 4WD

I can't believe I was smart enough to buy this car! My combined city/highway mileage is still about 33 MPG. My most expensive repair has been under $500. After 14 years of moving large dogs and lots of stuff, she is beginning to show a little wear, but is as solid and peppy as ever. I'm predicting she has another 10-12 good years, which is fortunate, since 1991 was the last year Honda made this little gem.

Great ride. 4WD is great on snow, so I don't have to shovel my driveway. Tight turning radius. Made to last. And, of course, wonderful MPG

Please, Honda, bring back this model. And, when you do, don't use plastic knobs for releasing the back seats.

Small but Fun and Mighty
By Cathyozz

1991 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback

I have driven my SI for 14 years and loved every minute of it. FUN car to drive, and practical, carries alot of stuff. Mileage is great. Feels like a sports car.

Simple and basic which is good. Moon roof and a sweet ride.

Bring back the old styling. Throw in a cup holder for those morning commutes.

Homely but sturdy and amazingly reliable
By NWTransplant

1991 Honda Civic 4dr Wagon

I bought a '91 Civic 5-speed stick wagon for its reputation for dependability, reliability and fuel economy. It delivered well on all three counts. Also very spacious for people and cargo in the interior. Always ran well and got me where I needed to go without incident. I had it only a few months and only sold it because I desired something more stylish. I learned later never to part with something this dependable. Makes first- rate budget transportation with room.

Great fuel economy, good seat support, spacious cabin for a compact wagon, traditional Honda reliability, controls function without friction or confusion.

Noisy ride, miniature ice cream truck- styling, stiff manual steering and manual shift often makes city driving tiring, needs cupholders, and motorized shoulder belts are a poor substitute for an airbag and conventional belts.

Great Car
By Spike7

1991 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback

The car is great until my bro flawed it on I-55 and blow up the engine cuz we forgot to add engine oil. NP. We were thinkin about changing motors already. We decided to stick with the budget and put a ZC engine into the Si. Now instead of 108hp I have 130hp! It handles well.

Manual Steering~Great Feeling! Low~ Great Sense of Speed!

window crank shaft, suspensions, side lights (it flew out while doin 100mph = ( ), and.... CUP HOLDER!!!!!!!!!

91 Honda Civic DX Rules!
By c_wistar

1991 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I have had this one since early 2002, when the car was already old. It has 55,000 miles, but even so has a book value of a paltry $1,770. I would Never trade it in, because any replacement would never cut the mustard.

Reliability; timeless looks; economy.

Wheels could be stainless steel to prevent rust. Other than that, it rocks!