1991 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Unbelievable
By Mrghos on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

4 syllables! IN-CRE-DI-BLE!!!! I dont even change the oil like I used to and this little car will not give up! It just keeps going and going. I am kind of tall and on long trips sometimes my foot goes to sleep but that is a small problem. Pickup is horrible escpecially with AC on. But what can you expect from an 11 year old 4 banger... HA!

Great piece of work.
By tope on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

122k mi and i still dont have any problems with it. i have no problem getting it started ever... in chicago weather on top of it!

Believe the Honda Hype!
By SupaDupa on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

The ad in the paper said, "the most reliable car you'll ever own." Well, they couldn't be more right. This thing just will not die! I don't want it too, but really, I change the oil and that is it. The brakes and clutch are original and I just can't believe how much I've gotten out of this car. I'm at 120k and she's still goin stong.

Best buy I ever did!
By Oscar on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

I actually have the 91 HB Special Edition (Canadian Edition), but with the same engine as the DX! ... absolutely astonished by my little baby! ... at 92HP, all I've had to do is change the oil and the shocks ... it's absolutely amazing! ... the gas mileage, the way it looks, the way it works, the way it comes alive every time, even at -50 degrees Celcius ...

The car that never stops
By Loeters on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car for 11 years. Never in 11 years has it not started. It just goes and goes! I have 250,000km on it now and it runs as good as the day I bought it. I am convinced it has another 250,000km in it. Incredible.

Best $11,000 I Ever Spent
By Ellen on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

This baby just won't give-up. Have never had any major problems whatsoever. Kept up with Honda's regular maintenance schedule which I think has alot to do with it. Interior looks great. Not as peppy as it used to be, but has served us well.

Tough little car
By hatch on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

Through years of abuse and neglect it still happily went of 160K mileage. Can't imagine any other vehicle taking the kind of rough riding and neglect and keep on ticking.

This civic rules!
By keith ober on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

My'91 civic hatchback is a blast. It runs perfect and it has 121000 miles. It is a great gas saver and it is fun to drive!

This car is AWESOME
By jenny on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback

For a single person with no children, and someone living in a city where parking is an issue, and for someone who moves a lot, this car is the best. It's fast, it's small, it gets great mileage, and it's totally fun to drive! I drove it up and down from San Francisco to Los Angeles dozens of times in the last 10 years, and I just feel there is no better car. As small as this car is, I can fit 4 large adults very comfortably, and 5 medium-sized adults without too much of a problem. I've lugged tons of stuff, because the hatchback gives you a lot of space to store stuff. Also, the cloth interior after 11 years still looks like new. Finally, I can get up to 30-32 mpg.

150k and going strong
By gromit on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Civic 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new, and besides scheduled maintance no major repairs. It was the best car purchase I ever made. Used for commuting to work and around town, this car still looks fine (minor paint fade) and runs good. Recently noticed a slight oil burning problem, but with this many miles on this tiny engine, hey I'm not complaining. I got 10 years of service and with no major problems. And I still commuting 100 miles a day!