1991 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great car!!
By KimTX on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

Very reliable car for young adults just getting out of college or high school. This was the first car I bought out of college and have enjoyed it ever since. There is a lot of storage for the moving days or shopping sprees. If you just change the oil regularly, this car will treat you right. I have 141,000 miles on it and have only had to have the normal maintenance work done on it. If you come across one of these, it would be a great choice for those looking for a great economical car.

91 Civic - The car that will not die.
By rmv193 on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

I love the car. What can you say about a car that can fit 6 people, or a water heater, or 1/2 a cord of firewood and get 35+ mpg on the highway ? I have owned the car since new and expect the car to last another 10 years plus. I have done all the maintenance to the car and the car is super reliable. I got 192 K on the original clutch ! The engine does not burn any oil and still has plenty of power @ 231,000 miles !

Best car ever
By Carmanic on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I just love this car. It is sooooo great!

The little Honda that could...
By jvillegurl on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Honda used from a private owner back in 98 for $3,500. This car, (LUCY BLUE)will not die. She just keeps going and going. She now has 260,000 miles on her and I bet she will last another 50,000 easily. I have not had to do anything really major to her, other than replacing CV joints twice, Clutch twice,and a radiator.(By the way, the radiator was my fault- I guess she was not meant to jump sand hills at the beach:) I will definately buy another Honda, matter of fact, thats all Im buying!

Never givin' up!!
By BEERIEYUN on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I luv my civic. Last year my license plate read "CVCMNDD"=CIVIC MINDED. Bought this car used back in '94 with 48,000 miles on it. It now has 161,000. Just had the alternator replaced at 160k and the a/c compressor at about 90k (my mechanic told me it was a dealer installed compressor, not one honda put in). This little baby began my love for Honda vehicles. I currently own a '01 Odyssey as well. Also had a '95 accord wagon ,'98 Odyssey and '00 accord.But through all those other Hondas I just couldn't part with my civic. The accords are real nice but I feel the civic is the perfect little getting around town car.

Great
By Kerim on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

This is a great car with a great fuel efficiency and inner space. I have never seen such a specious car among other brands. I certainly suggest Honda Civic LX to anybody who wants to feel the comfort and luxuary.

codename: ISOBEL
By cell7dotORG on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

I just picked up my 91 DX Hatch, I have owned a 3rd, 5th and 6th generation Civic, this rounds it out with my 4th generation Civic. This car has 245,000 miles on it, original engine, runs strong, and peppy as ever. I will admit though, I did buy it to put in a ZC or B16a.

It's like a Timex!
By Jersey on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car with 100K and have put another 50K on it in two years. It is the most reliable car I have ever owned. Have had to replace the the original exhaust and front brakes. The heater/ac fan will need to be replaced in the near future. The Honda gets 36 to 42 mpg and runs like a sports car. My wife and I fight over who gets to drive it. I am hoping to get another 100k out of this wonderfully designed vehicle. "It just keeps ticking!"

The car that won't die
By Q in Roch on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

My 91 Civic has 150k miles on it now. I drove it through college, through grad school, and now it's serving as a wonderful and, most importantly, RELIABLE 2nd car. I had to replace the alternator at 145k miles, but aside from that and scheduled maintenance, this car has demanded nothing of me. We also own a '99 Accord, and before the Civic, I owned an '87 Accord which didn't die until the transmission finally gave out at 257k miles. We're currently looking to trade in the '91 Civic for an Odyssey, but I don't want to betray my baby!!!

nice little car
By z4130 on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

great little car... reliabile and fun to drive... this car will suprize you with its speed!