1991 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Will run Forever.
By Ben Frink on 03/01/09 20:39 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Have had this car for years and it's still in good shape. With only a few major repairs (brakes, exhaust) it hasn't missed a beat and it gets great gas mileage too. Coming on 160k miles now and it looks like I'll be able to keep this for years to come.

284k and still strong
By amp_man on 10/03/06 20:42 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 2 1/2 years ago at a little over 212k miles, and since then have put in a battery and alternator - that's reliability. If it hadn't been in an accident, it would still be on the road today...definately the best first car I ever could have asked for. My 94 Civic Si couldn't hold a candle to the 91's reliability, the 94's already had a timing belt, head gasket, water pump, thermostat, and brake calipers and pads (all 4), and I've only had it a year.

91 Honda Civic DX Rules!
By c_wistar on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I have had this one since early 2002, when the car was already old. It has 55,000 miles, but even so has a book value of a paltry $1,770. I would Never trade it in, because any replacement would never cut the mustard.

Peppy sedan at 190k miles
By Tom Haws on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Beloved wife and I have owned our 1991 white Civic "Pegasus" since 1992. Along the way we have had trouble with CV boots, the heater blower and resistor switch, the rear driver side door latch. In the past 4 years we have spent $4000 on repairs to go about 50,000 miles. Not bad. At this point, with 190,000 miles, it isn't 100% reliable, but it is still a zippy little car and very fun to drive. Wish it had a clock and cup holders. We bought a 1996 Accord yesterday to replace it, but we will probably keep it around a while just for old time's sake.

Great piece of work.
By tope on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

122k mi and i still dont have any problems with it. i have no problem getting it started ever... in chicago weather on top of it!

Best $11,000 I Ever Spent
By Ellen on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This baby just won't give-up. Have never had any major problems whatsoever. Kept up with Honda's regular maintenance schedule which I think has alot to do with it. Interior looks great. Not as peppy as it used to be, but has served us well.

Are you SURE they're reliable?
By Mirage Convert on 03/02/02 22:39 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

In the last year: $600 Brake job, $500 radiator replacement, $400 exhaust, Hood won't open, water leaks short out tailights, $300 blower fan, $200 broken spring, A/C shot ($600 repair job we declined) and we babied this thing! Finally got rid of it at 115K miles, supposedly mid-aged for a Honda, or so we thought. My '94 Mitsubishi Mirage, spartan as it is, 103K miles, hardly any repairs at all. Don't be fooled by all the Honda hype.