Used 1991 Honda Civic Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

1991 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Homely but sturdy and amazingly reliable
By NWTransplant

1991 Honda Civic 4dr Wagon

I bought a '91 Civic 5-speed stick wagon for its reputation for dependability, reliability and fuel economy. It delivered well on all three counts. Also very spacious for people and cargo in the interior. Always ran well and got me where I needed to go without incident. I had it only a few months and only sold it because I desired something more stylish. I learned later never to part with something this dependable. Makes first- rate budget transportation with room.

Favorite Features

Great fuel economy, good seat support, spacious cabin for a compact wagon, traditional Honda reliability, controls function without friction or confusion.

Suggested Improvements

Noisy ride, miniature ice cream truck- styling, stiff manual steering and manual shift often makes city driving tiring, needs cupholders, and motorized shoulder belts are a poor substitute for an airbag and conventional belts.

Wagon that races
By Z__E__O__O__

1991 Honda Civic 4dr Wagon

The car still may be old, but the suspension is top-notch! Suspension tuning is easy, and improves the cars stability greatly. The motor runs and puts out a good ammount of power considering it is a 1.5L motor, but runs best with out the air box. Just tape the filter to the top of the intake piping.

Favorite Features

Look on the other guy's face after he looses a race to a wagon!

Suggested Improvements

as far as suspension goes... should have an anti-sway bar in the rear 'stock'. (without it the rear gives out too soon in varoius wet/dry conditions, when cornering hard)