1991 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
91 Civic hatch back - base model
By jkmj9999 on 04/04/14 16:09 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic 2dr Hatchback

bought it used in 2007 & It still drives great after 17 Years !!! love it . lowered it years ago , with a set of 16 in. Alessio wheels .

cheap and reliable
By malcolm on 12/03/09 13:18 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Civic 2dr Hatchback

Everything works on it, and that includes even the tape deck! It has no optional equipment, is very stripped down, which I love. In two years, I've replaced the exhaust system, brake calipers, and CV boot. It has almost 150,000 miles and I expect to get 150,000 more. It costs me about $42/month to insure and I spend, even with gas exceeding $2.70/gal $25/week in gas. Everyone who tells me they had one, wishes they still had it, I've never heard anything bad about these cars. Perfect for students or commuters, and very roomy.

Built to drive
By billysim47 on 10/07/09 23:38 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic 2dr Hatchback

I bought a 1991 Honda Civic 2 door Hatchback with 141000 miles and now have 182000 miles. So far I replaced a rear brake clamp. It is time for a timing belt replacement. This car has consistently given 36-44 miles per gallon with 39 being the average when driven 55mph. It is very reliable and nice to drive. It has a 5 speed standard transmission.

One of the best cars
By David on 08/18/08 14:09 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic 2dr Hatchback

Excellent car, easy to drive. Looks small but has a lot of interior space if you need to move something, just put down the two passenger seats and "voila" Big space. My 80 pounds dog loves the ride. I have taken long trips with my girlfriend and we have plenty of space for our things. Good on gas, I get about 40 mpg. Excellent machine, in 3 years I haven't hade any mechanical problem (regular maintenance like changing battery and radiator fan, but this is regular like changing ACs, faucets, or ceiling fans on your house).

compact
By Hondaparts03 on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Civic 2dr Hatchback

89 to 91 civic si, are just simply fun. I owned one since 91. No trouble at all, until around 100k miles, i changed the cv joint and alternator. Thats about it. Just last summer, i changed the motor into a B16. 2000 Si motor. Everything fits great. Now i have 160 hp VTEC. 13K miles.

Excellent Honda
By jclaunch on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic 2dr Hatchback

This car my have simple styling by today's standards, but an excellent example of Honda quality and reliability. Excellent vehicle.

My little rocket
By Matteus on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic 2dr Hatchback

What a fabulous car...I've had it for 7 months now, and it has been just amazing. I enjoy the manual steering it gives me a good feeling of the road. The car performs amazingly. I gave this car an update in the form of an engine swap with a 93 DX engine, so I have 102HP instead of a small 70HP. Gas mileage is just amazing...I get 42MPG with the engine paired with a 4 Speed Manual Tranny. The paint has held up well. Unfortunately there is no a/c, well what can I expect for paying $4000CDN (about 2300USD at the time) All around an amazing little car

The little Honda that could...
By jvillegurl on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Honda used from a private owner back in 98 for $3,500. This car, (LUCY BLUE)will not die. She just keeps going and going. She now has 260,000 miles on her and I bet she will last another 50,000 easily. I have not had to do anything really major to her, other than replacing CV joints twice, Clutch twice,and a radiator.(By the way, the radiator was my fault- I guess she was not meant to jump sand hills at the beach:) I will definately buy another Honda, matter of fact, thats all Im buying!

It's like a Timex!
By Jersey on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car with 100K and have put another 50K on it in two years. It is the most reliable car I have ever owned. Have had to replace the the original exhaust and front brakes. The heater/ac fan will need to be replaced in the near future. The Honda gets 36 to 42 mpg and runs like a sports car. My wife and I fight over who gets to drive it. I am hoping to get another 100k out of this wonderfully designed vehicle. "It just keeps ticking!"

The car that never stops
By Loeters on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car for 11 years. Never in 11 years has it not started. It just goes and goes! I have 250,000km on it now and it runs as good as the day I bought it. I am convinced it has another 250,000km in it. Incredible.