Used 1990 Honda Civic LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Tons of Reliability!
By Krissie

1990 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this little car in February of 2004, with only 98,000 miles on it! Only fix needed was a new muffler, surprisingly. This car is very warm in the winter (inside heats up fast!) and ice cold a/c in the summer. Excellent fuel economy! I get very close to 35-mpg on highway and easily 30mpg in city! The advantages are super easy to park, gas mileage and most of all, bullet-proof, long-lasting engines. Disadvantages are they say the smaller the car, the un-safer you are! True, but with the excellent reputations these cars have, I'll take the risk and keep her until the wheels fall off! I highly recommended this cute car for anyone seeking reliability and who is on a budget.

Engine durability, quiet little motor, (will easily get to 400,000) fun-to- drive 5 speed, lots of head room and leg room, plenty of trunk space, interior layout, superior reputations, and for a small car, she handles very well!

Body rusts too easily, add more horsepower, (1.5L engines are a little slow)also, and add some cupholders. Advantages will always outweigh the suggested improvements!! What do you expect, it's a Honda!

My Reliable Civic!!!
By charlie3967

1990 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I've owned my Civic for 2 and 1/2 years and the only thing I've replaced on it were tires and a new radidtor hose! A zippy ride, due to the 5- speed manual. Very fun to drive, excellent handling and very dependable. Never left me stranded. Only routine maintenance required. (Oil changes, plugs, batteries,etc.). Keep your fluids changed regularly and it'll run forever. Rock solid car! Only 115,000 miles on her. Plenty of life left. I'll drive her to 300,000!!

Excellent gas mileage, peppy little 5-speed, strong a/c and keeps me very warm in winter! I also love the neat tail light design. Comfy, plush seating. Reliability and interior is quiet. Not a single squeak or rattle.

Interior is a little tight. Front and rear wheel wells rusts too easily. Center console and cuholders, this car needs! No major improvements.

the reliable honda
By hondaowner154

1990 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

it just keeps on going!handling unmatched to ANY car i have driven. this car still has a perfect alignment,take your hands off the wheel,and theres no pulling ANYWHERE,iv never had the alignment done either,very fun to drive. main repairs are faulty relay switch,brake job,muffler.starts every time!180,000 miles and still runs pretty smooth,auto tranny can be rough tho,and it slips under hard acceleration

it just keeps on going!nimble handling,AMAZING ALIGNMENT

the a/c busted,its 14 years old what do you expect. lacks power in the city

I love my car
By cousinthrill

1990 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

this car has great gas mileage. about 30 - 35 MPG. plus it has a lot of get up and go!

it heats up really fast in the winter! inside the car not the engine.

better rear speakers.

!!!!!AWESOME!!!!!
By Crinale

1990 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love this car. Anyone who complains about the 92bhp obviously either doesnt know how to shift correctly, or is using an auto tranny (ewwwwww). The handling in this car cannot be beat, and it is 13.5 years old! My dad bought this car july 1990 with 11 miles on it (probably a test drive and driving it onto the lot). Now it has 238,000+ miles, and almost no problems at all! around 180,000 miles, the exhaust had to be replaced due to rust, and at about 220,000 miles the tranny had to be rebuilt. Other than that, no problems. was given to me 6months ago for my 16th b-day.

reliability, handling, gas mileage, fun to drive factor, did i mention relability? and of course... if u complain about power, there are many things u can upgrade... it is a civic after all.

bigger stock rims, and better stereo (even tho i now have an awesome stereo in mine ;)