1990 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Best Honda ever in the world
By mimichar on 02/12/08 15:07 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Bought my Civic new, still love it after 252K miles. Nothing but routine maintenance and replacement of parts you would expect after that much mileage! Mostly city and highway driving.

Great Little Car
By Jer on 05/11/06 11:30 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Civic from a family friend almost 2 years ago. At that time, the car had about 180,000 miles. She was the original owner and took the car to Honda for all services, repairs, etc. As soon as I test drove it, I decided it was well worth the $1500 they were asking. Two years later, the thing still runs like a clock and doesn't miss a beat. It's become my commuter car for work as the mileage can't be beat... I get no less than 30mpg anywhere I go and it usually averages 35-40 mpg on the freeway. It is a pretty simple, barebones car... but its VERY reliable, efficient and cost effective. Especially since gas is now over $3 a gallon!

bad news
By guy on 02/28/05 01:08 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 8 months ago for $1500, and it had 105,000 miles on it. Ever since then, it has broken down every 2 months. First it needed a new ignition coil. $350. Then a new axle. $350. Now the entire clutch assembly needs replacing, a new clutch pedal manifold, and it needs a new distributor (coming to about $2000). Also it has a gigantic hole in the muffler, which is very loud. clutch way too close to the floor, making it far from fun to drive. Loud motor all around, with mediocre-to-less than average pick-up. The driver seat has a big rip in it, exposing foam. Leaks a little oil. This car has been a nightmare. I guess it's a lemon, based on the other reviews here being so good

180,000 and Still Going Strong
By OregonDan on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

180,000 miles and still going strong with no problems except for poor radio reception.

Best value for money
By Indolawson on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Purchased the car 6 1/2 years ago hoping it would last 2 or 3 years. The thing is amazing--it does what it was designed to do. Provides reliable, economic transportation and offers more comfort than expected. This one has standard transmission adding to the feel of control over one's driving. Great in our Colorado winters though I had to change to tires with a higher profile than stock. We've newer cars but this is my wife's favorite.

go cart on steroids
By jzobie on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

The car is excellent it was bought completely bare bones, there is no A/C, p/s p/w p/door locks, pass side mirror, etc. The car was just poorly cared for since day one. When I took delivery on the car it had no oil was a gallon low on coolant and the lack of attention was evident all over the car. Well i get in the car turn the key and boom it starts right up. I have driven it almost 500 miles since owning it and absolutely no motor problems. It is an absolute BLAST to drive and hopefully it will aid in getting me through the next 3 years of college.

Excellent
By Marty D. on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I totally loved my car, enjoyed it for over 13 years. The car currently has over 222K transmission is starting to give up.. otherwise, the car never gave me any problems. It was totally reliable, I Maintained it properly. I will miss my car terribly. I have a new car, and was still using my Honda Civic DX Sedan because it was my favorite.

Great Car
By dylan1100 on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car with 120,000 miles and one and a half years later it is still going strong at 170,000. Very trouble free, my Civic just gets up and goes every day no matter what punishment I throw at it.

Awesome Honda
By Pam Bailey on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I am so very happy wth my honda civic, I have had it for 12 years and I definitely have gotten my money's worth. I am so happy with honda that I am off to buy another one..wish me luck!