1990 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Best Honda ever in the world
By mimichar on 02/12/08 15:07 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Bought my Civic new, still love it after 252K miles. Nothing but routine maintenance and replacement of parts you would expect after that much mileage! Mostly city and highway driving.

Tons of Reliability!
By Krissie on 09/27/07 16:10 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this little car in February of 2004, with only 98,000 miles on it! Only fix needed was a new muffler, surprisingly. This car is very warm in the winter (inside heats up fast!) and ice cold a/c in the summer. Excellent fuel economy! I get very close to 35-mpg on highway and easily 30mpg in city! The advantages are super easy to park, gas mileage and most of all, bullet-proof, long-lasting engines. Disadvantages are they say the smaller the car, the un-safer you are! True, but with the excellent reputations these cars have, I'll take the risk and keep her until the wheels fall off! I highly recommended this cute car for anyone seeking reliability and who is on a budget.

My Reliable Civic!!!
By charlie3967 on 09/09/06 14:52 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I've owned my Civic for 2 and 1/2 years and the only thing I've replaced on it were tires and a new radidtor hose! A zippy ride, due to the 5- speed manual. Very fun to drive, excellent handling and very dependable. Never left me stranded. Only routine maintenance required. (Oil changes, plugs, batteries,etc.). Keep your fluids changed regularly and it'll run forever. Rock solid car! Only 115,000 miles on her. Plenty of life left. I'll drive her to 300,000!!

Great Little Car
By Jer on 05/11/06 11:30 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Civic from a family friend almost 2 years ago. At that time, the car had about 180,000 miles. She was the original owner and took the car to Honda for all services, repairs, etc. As soon as I test drove it, I decided it was well worth the $1500 they were asking. Two years later, the thing still runs like a clock and doesn't miss a beat. It's become my commuter car for work as the mileage can't be beat... I get no less than 30mpg anywhere I go and it usually averages 35-40 mpg on the freeway. It is a pretty simple, barebones car... but its VERY reliable, efficient and cost effective. Especially since gas is now over $3 a gallon!

bad news
By guy on 02/28/05 01:08 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 8 months ago for $1500, and it had 105,000 miles on it. Ever since then, it has broken down every 2 months. First it needed a new ignition coil. $350. Then a new axle. $350. Now the entire clutch assembly needs replacing, a new clutch pedal manifold, and it needs a new distributor (coming to about $2000). Also it has a gigantic hole in the muffler, which is very loud. clutch way too close to the floor, making it far from fun to drive. Loud motor all around, with mediocre-to-less than average pick-up. The driver seat has a big rip in it, exposing foam. Leaks a little oil. This car has been a nightmare. I guess it's a lemon, based on the other reviews here being so good

Saying Goodbye to an Old Friend
By MATI on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

My favorite car. Took dozens of long trips and never had problems on the road. Rustiness caused probs w/ wiring, h20 leaking onto front passengers feet, rusty brakes, and rusty exhaust system. If this car is rust free it's problem free. Mine had inexplicable probs w/ transmission, so I recently had to say good-bye. :(

180,000 and Still Going Strong
By OregonDan on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

180,000 miles and still going strong with no problems except for poor radio reception.

the reliable honda
By hondaowner154 on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

it just keeps on going!handling unmatched to ANY car i have driven. this car still has a perfect alignment,take your hands off the wheel,and theres no pulling ANYWHERE,iv never had the alignment done either,very fun to drive. main repairs are faulty relay switch,brake job,muffler.starts every time!180,000 miles and still runs pretty smooth,auto tranny can be rough tho,and it slips under hard acceleration

I love my car
By cousinthrill on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

this car has great gas mileage. about 30 - 35 MPG. plus it has a lot of get up and go!

!!!!!AWESOME!!!!!
By Crinale on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love this car. Anyone who complains about the 92bhp obviously either doesnt know how to shift correctly, or is using an auto tranny (ewwwwww). The handling in this car cannot be beat, and it is 13.5 years old! My dad bought this car july 1990 with 11 miles on it (probably a test drive and driving it onto the lot). Now it has 238,000+ miles, and almost no problems at all! around 180,000 miles, the exhaust had to be replaced due to rust, and at about 220,000 miles the tranny had to be rebuilt. Other than that, no problems. was given to me 6months ago for my 16th b-day.