1990 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Tons of Reliability!
By Krissie on 09/27/07 16:10 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this little car in February of 2004, with only 98,000 miles on it! Only fix needed was a new muffler, surprisingly. This car is very warm in the winter (inside heats up fast!) and ice cold a/c in the summer. Excellent fuel economy! I get very close to 35-mpg on highway and easily 30mpg in city! The advantages are super easy to park, gas mileage and most of all, bullet-proof, long-lasting engines. Disadvantages are they say the smaller the car, the un-safer you are! True, but with the excellent reputations these cars have, I'll take the risk and keep her until the wheels fall off! I highly recommended this cute car for anyone seeking reliability and who is on a budget.

My Reliable Civic!!!
By charlie3967 on 09/09/06 14:52 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I've owned my Civic for 2 and 1/2 years and the only thing I've replaced on it were tires and a new radidtor hose! A zippy ride, due to the 5- speed manual. Very fun to drive, excellent handling and very dependable. Never left me stranded. Only routine maintenance required. (Oil changes, plugs, batteries,etc.). Keep your fluids changed regularly and it'll run forever. Rock solid car! Only 115,000 miles on her. Plenty of life left. I'll drive her to 300,000!!

the reliable honda
By hondaowner154 on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

it just keeps on going!handling unmatched to ANY car i have driven. this car still has a perfect alignment,take your hands off the wheel,and theres no pulling ANYWHERE,iv never had the alignment done either,very fun to drive. main repairs are faulty relay switch,brake job,muffler.starts every time!180,000 miles and still runs pretty smooth,auto tranny can be rough tho,and it slips under hard acceleration

I love my car
By cousinthrill on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

this car has great gas mileage. about 30 - 35 MPG. plus it has a lot of get up and go!

!!!!!AWESOME!!!!!
By Crinale on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love this car. Anyone who complains about the 92bhp obviously either doesnt know how to shift correctly, or is using an auto tranny (ewwwwww). The handling in this car cannot be beat, and it is 13.5 years old! My dad bought this car july 1990 with 11 miles on it (probably a test drive and driving it onto the lot). Now it has 238,000+ miles, and almost no problems at all! around 180,000 miles, the exhaust had to be replaced due to rust, and at about 220,000 miles the tranny had to be rebuilt. Other than that, no problems. was given to me 6months ago for my 16th b-day.

This little car won't die
By Lmack on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I have driven this car since September 1989 and have had only minor problems: 1) Something I found out later was common to Civics of this age -- a faulty relay that caused it to not re- start on hot days after I had driven it a short time. Cost of repair: Less than $200. 2) A warped light panel in the rear of the car that affected the lighting in the rear when it rained. This was a bit more substantial but less than $400 to repair. I have done regular servicing -- not necessarily with the dealer and am craving a new car. Can't manage to do it yet as I'm still getting 40 mpg and it purrs along with no problems....

Good small reliable car
By sg330e3 on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I have this car for a year and have no problems with it. Just some rust.

a great fun small car
By cosmok on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

We bought this car new oh some 13 years ago and still love it. Its extremely nimble (saved me from an accident at the last second), simple design (utilitarian), and just looks great. I realized how great the looks were on Hondas/Acuras in the early 90s and how the looks deteriored later on in the 90s... but its starting to get its spunk back.

Solid
By frank70 on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Simply put, this is a very solid car. 12 years old, 140,000+ miles, starts right up and just keeps going. Very responsive (though not powerful), great handling (especially in bad weather), extremely reliable.

Endurance is Key
By Trent on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

The car is now 12 years old with 140,000 miles on it. It still looks great (repainted in '98)inside and out, and it's NEVER failed to start for me. I get the oil changed religiously every 3,000 miles, but I'm not otherwise too careful with service.