1997 Honda Civic del Sol Consumer Review: Best car on the road

1997 Honda Civic del Sol - Consumer Review

Best car on the road
By Karen on

1997 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

This little car is reliable, fun, fuel-efficient, and great in the snow. Don't let the small size fool you. The trunk is big enough for weekly grocery shopping. I've even gone camping in it - tent and all! The small size means that it can get out of tight spots that other cars can't and parking is a breeze. The front wheel drive means it's great in bad weather and maneuvers well in all weather and at all speeds. The small engine is all that's needed, and mileage is anywhere from 35 to 40 mpg. I've owned this car for 8 years and have spent $5,269.46 on maintenance and repairs, including oil changes and tires. I don't ever want to give this car up!

Rear window and convertible option. It's great to have that flexibility. Love the way it handles around turns. Also, knowing that if I ever break down I can push it all by myself if need be (after-effect of BMW breakdown trauma).

Manufacture them again! I know "bigger is better" is the American motto, but some of us disagree and would like the option to buy what suits our lifestyle.