1997 Honda Civic del Sol - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic del Sol model:
I will never sell this car
By Brian on 08/02/08 22:41 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

Last year I was lucky enough to find a a 97' Si with amazingly low miles (68,000) and in near mint condition. I quickly bought it and began customizing it to meet my needs. Even after a series of novice D.I.Y. performance upgrades and some harsh mechanic treatment the engine continues to run effortlessly and without fail. This car is simply a joy to own and drive and I will never sell it until it rusts over and stops running (Which may take decades.) I love this car. Did I forget to mention 28/35 MPG?

One of the best cars I have had!!!
By David on 03/19/08 10:04 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

I have had this car about a year and it gets really good gas mileage and is perfect for my commute since I can commute with my friend and avoid traffic by riding in the HOV lanes and also avoid paying the toll on the bridge. The car was pretty cheap and has been very reliable. I hope to get 275K miles out of it!

Del Sol Rocks
By Cary Honda Fan on 10/06/07 13:38 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

Having owned one Acura Integra, three Civics, and one Accord, I admit to being a Honda fan! We looked at the Honda S2000, but the price for a fun car was out of our range. We purchased this 97 Del Sol for what the taxes would have been for the new S2000 and we totally love it. The targa top is great. Gas mileage is unbelievable. The noise and air flow with the top out, windows down (including rear window) is very comfortable. We can actually carry on a conversation at 75 mph on the interstate. Did I mention fun? This is the most fun conviertible that I have ever driven. Just got back from California where I rented a Mustang convertible (2007) and the Del Sol totaly was more fun.

Practical and Fun
By RIDelSol on 07/27/07 20:04 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

Quite simply the best car I've ever owned. I commute daily in this car over 80-100 miles round trip every day for over 7 years! My del Sol has over 253,000 miles and counting! Maintenance is key, but affordable. I love seeing the reaction on the faces of people when I tell them that. No one makes a better car than Honda. Car routinely gets 35 MPG between city/highway driving, so it's pretty economical there too. You simply can't ask for more!

Another Great Honda
By simpsojo on 05/18/07 06:43 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as a commuter to offset gas prices with driving down to south GA from TN about two times a month. I found it with very few miles on it for the year and in near mint condition. It has been a very reliable car and very cheap to maintain. It worked great on the interstate except the headlights blinding you from behind as the car rids very low and there are so many behemoths on the road nowadays. The car passes with ease even when doing 75 MPH which is good to have on the interstate. Placement of accessories are comferatable. Also a very ood looking car. I have no doubt that when I go to sell it, it will go quickly

I love these cars
By Steven C. on 03/19/06 19:48 PM (PST)

1997 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

This is the 3rd del Sol that I have owned. I started with a '95 S ... not enough power. A year later I purchased a '94 SI ... wonderful mileage, super performance and I measure my summers by the number of bad hair days (top off!) The more the better. Recently HAIL destroyed the '94 so I purchased yet another used del Sol -- a '97 SI. Great cars. Why don't they make cars like these today ... high performance, great gas mileage and way too fun to drive? Seems like everything that is great gets cancelled and replaced with mediocrity at a higher price!

Great Car!!
By RD on 01/11/06 13:53 PM (PST)

1997 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

Though this car may seem simple, it's got everything you need. I've owned mine for a little over a year now, and I'm in love. It has required very little $ for maintenance, and it is truly a fun car to drive. Perfect for driving to and from work or even on a trip (especially in the summer with the top off!).

202K Miles and Counting!
By kmm215 on 12/07/05 13:42 PM (PST)

1997 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

I've been driving my del sol si for 6 years now... every day and doing about 100 miles a day. I couldn't ask for a better car! I've done routine maintenance, 2 timing belts,etc... this is by far the most reliable car I've ever owned. I hope to drive it another 100K miles.

Nice little car.
By LUVinIT on 08/02/05 18:24 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

Had a '91, CRX before purchasing this car. Needed more air flow - got it. Love to drive it with the top off. Averaging 34 city/40 highway. Put 195's on it sticks to road. Going on 150k miles and still running strong. No problem passing emission tests. Great car for the money.

Best Car Ever
By Abby on 06/27/05 13:40 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

Loved it, sold it to find a bigger car for winter driving. Not too good in the snow and ice, but extremely fun to drive. By far the best vehicle I have ever had. Love the Targa Top.