Used 1997 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Civic-del-sol - Consumer Reviews

VTEC 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (3 reviews )

Impossible Find : 1997 Honda Del Sol VTEC
By Paulo Nicolau

1997 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

I am extremely lucky to find a 1997 Honda Del Sol VTEC. Not only is this car impossible to find, it's even more rare to find one that is manual with very few previous owners (mine had 2) For a 17 year old car, it is very impressive and Honda has won my respect from here on. Everything about this car makes sense, and it has a lot of features for a 97. The engine is 1.6L ;I always heard people say it is a gas saver but wow!! about 500 mpg and it costs about $40 to fill a tank. The car is light,fast & lets you take control of the road.It turns heads everywhere I go, and even those with brand new cars are stunned! If you find one, get it! Best investment I ever made.

Favorite Features

Power Windows Power Steering AC Heating Cruise Control Heated Windows DRL lights 1.6 L engine

Suggested Improvements

The only issue I have is the light inside the car which is behind the seats which makes it hard to see especially when I am leaving my underground parking lot. I only wish the light was right above my dashboard but really it's no biggie.

Will now be a Honda owner for life
By Danielle151

1997 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

I love my little Honda. I bought it used with a ton of miles on it, and I've never had a problem with it. It is by far the most reliable and fun to drive vehicle I have ever owned. Of course it's not too practical and the front suspension could be better, but ultimately the perfect little red sports car! Also, the trunk is absolutely huge, so that helps a lot.

Favorite Features

removable top, acceleration and pickup, amazing resale value for the year

Suggested Improvements

the sun visors serve no purpose whatsoever- they're about four inches long and two inches up and down in heigth

A rare Gem of a car
By Dv8sol

1997 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

I loved this car so much I bought 2 of them. 1 was 170 miles from my house, the second (97 DOHC VTEC) I bough 1500 miles away sight unseen. This car has better performance than the Audi TT. If you want a fun car to sit next to your daily car, this is it. There is none like it.

Favorite Features

Hard targa top, for enjoying the sun, and for security. Convertible tops can be easily cut open. 160 HP and light weight make this car faster than anything else in it's class. Honda reliability, not 1 problem since I owned it.

Suggested Improvements

of course the cup holders. A little more seat room. The roof leaks if you dont have the newest seals for the roof