Used 1997 Honda Civic del Sol Si Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Civic del Sol model:

love the car
By roadkill7007

1997 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

i recently bought this car as my first car and i never knew all that is was a rare car to find. i dont know if its a VTEC, SI or an S but it's manual. after some couple of adjustments and part replacements, the car works amazing and fine. although the car has more than 250,000 miles on it; it has no trouble on the motor and it doesn't suffer to accelerate fast and to make all the shifts. if somebody is able to buy this car, get it. it is very worth it once it is how you want it.

1. able to take off the top to make it convertible 2. acceleration and the motor sounds when accelerating is amazing 3. small car makes it easy to fit in small parking spaces in parking lots.

1.could improve the stereo system 2.lights, headlights and taillights. 3.replace the seats with new seats. 4.repaint it with new quality paint

Very fun car for the price
By germanhondaguy

1997 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I bought mine for $3000. It is an automatic Si but man is it quick. Sure It's not a 12 second car but it is really fun to drive and that's the point. The mileage is great. Only problems I have are that the suspension is rough and the interior is kind of bland. I was impressed to find two cup-holders in a car this size. The trunk was also very sizable, I fit more in it than my Civic EX The '97 also doesn't leak like previous models. It has 170K on it and runs perfectly fine except for my one tie-rod that is wearing out ($15 part) All-in-all if you want an economic car that is actually fun to drive, This is the car to get.

T-Top, good gas mileage, lasts forever, large trunk, fun to drive, cruise control

This car could use some better sound-dampening. It gets pretty loud. Also the interior light should be over the visors not in the back.

So far so good
By blouderback

1997 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I just bought this 1997 Honda del Sol a few days ago. So far, I am enjoying driving it. The seats are a little narrow, and are not adjustable in that regard (no lumbar adjustments). I am somewhat disappointed at the cup holders. Also, the dome light doesn't really light up much of anything, making th einterior very dark, even with the dome light on. There are no lights around the floor area either. Locking the doors is kind of a hassle. You have to hold the inside release latch open and then lock the drivers door, otherwise you have to use the key from the outside to lock it. Gas mileage is 30+, even while I'm driving it like a race car!

Performance and exterior styling

Better cupholders, lumbar support adjustments, better interior lighting.

Indestructible
By Batman

1997 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

A '93 Del Sol is my daily driver. I beat the HELL out of this car. I drive it like I stole it, take turns like a maniac, and perform the bare minimum for maintenance. In the last 80K miles the only thing to break was the distributor cap. At 190K miles the car is still on its original clutch. This is unheard-of. The car keeps going and going, and absolutely will not die, sort of like that dude in that movie. Girls think it's "cute," which is okay I guess. It also goes for about a year on one tank of gas. Okay maybe not a year, but you get the point. It's ridiculously reliable and pretty fun to drive. Buy one.

302000 miles
By kmm215

1997 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

Really, can I say more than that? 302K miles I've driven my del sol! And its still running strong...I recently purchased an '07 civic and am keeping my del sol for a summer car. Really I'm spoiled with great gas mileage and a targa top, but to follow up my review from 2+ years ago, this is by far the coolest most practical, impractical car I've ever owned!

targa top, huge trunk...reliable, reliable, reliable!

I still don't like the cup holders and now after nine years of being a contortionist with my morning coffee, I'm having a hell of a time using a "Normal" cup holder! :)