1996 Honda Civic del Sol Consumer Review: VTEC model

1996 Honda Civic del Sol - Consumer Review

VTEC Coupe (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

VTEC model
By TM on

1996 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

I picked up my del Sol VTEC a year or so ago and have loved every bit of it. I was lucky to find the top model with the DOHC 160 HP engine, and still get 30+ MPG highway and about the same in city. The acceleration is great, ride is smooth and driving with the targa top off is possibly the most fun next to a real convertible, it's a blast cruising around in, even with close to 180K miles! Aftermarket upgrade are easily and readily available for it still which is great. Overall, if you have the opportunity to find a del Sol and drive it, it would be well worth it at any age.

B16A2 DOHC engine, power rear window and I personally like the bumper w/o driving/fog lights for the 96-97 model years.

I'm in agreement with others in why did they stop making this awesome car. I would suggest buying Shin-Etsu grease from a local Honda dealer for the roof seals, it helps with any squeaks and keeps the seals from getting weathered.