1996 Honda Civic del Sol - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic del Sol model:
Wifes forever car
By gramps48 on 12/26/13 21:22 PM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

Just hit 200K asked wife about a new car, Daggers flew. SO time for a new timing belt, going to have seats upgraded and a paint job. Nobody builds a car like Honda 200k still runs like new uses no oil and 30mpg on premium of course. Have never replaced anything, except tires Batteries and belts. A 5 speed standard shift. I know gramps drives easy. Wrong! WE live in TX speed limit 70 here 80 mph West TX. If your not running 90 your in the way. THis is one fun car and what can I say 200k and we are keeping it. Is it a soft riding blimpmobile. Nope It is a fun little roadster; Can you travel in it? with a good friend and hard bottom yes WE have done 900 mile trips in one day;

VTEC model
By TM on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

I picked up my del Sol VTEC a year or so ago and have loved every bit of it. I was lucky to find the top model with the DOHC 160 HP engine, and still get 30+ MPG highway and about the same in city. The acceleration is great, ride is smooth and driving with the targa top off is possibly the most fun next to a real convertible, it's a blast cruising around in, even with close to 180K miles! Aftermarket upgrade are easily and readily available for it still which is great. Overall, if you have the opportunity to find a del Sol and drive it, it would be well worth it at any age.

Best vehicle I've ever had
By Valerie on 09/14/09 13:31 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

I have been continually impressed with my gas mileage, handling and the overall reliability. I am also very happy that the value has remained virtually the same as the purchase price. Maintenance has also been at a minimal cost. Honda will always be my brand of choice after this awesome experience!

It won't stop runnning
By Jim on 07/13/08 17:45 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

So, at 120K, I was worried, when will this 'dream' end. Did homework and considered a TDI VW. Hmmm, not so good. Kept it and put up with 38 - 40 mpg. THEN - - - manifold blew out. Know what, it was still covered under warranty - - extended to 12 years! Give me a break. Now, hitting 180K, the thing still continues to drive. Love to get to hear if anyone's has died yet. THEN clutch went! Oh-oh, $2.00 for hydraulic clutch fluid. Now, at 190K, it still goes. GO HONDA! To bad GM and Ford have not learned a lessen, why support cars that aren't built to last like this? GREAT CAR.

Love my del sol
By delsolomio on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

I have loved every inch that I've driven in this car and every second I sat at idle. OK, so it's a bit underpowered when trying to merge onto the freeway--especially with the AC on. Big deal. Mine has regularly gotten 38 mpg for city driving and nothing beats that! The targa top is lightweight, but solid and very easy even for a wimp like myself to install or store. Mine has the 6 cd changer in the boot behind the driver's seat and the audio blows me away. Wind noise is at a minimum with the top off and with the power rear window, controling the air flow is a cinch.

I am going to miss her...
By lucky on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car used from Carmax. Low miles and in very good shape. My wife liked it at first, so I was skeptical thinking it was a "chick car". I have to tell you, the first test drive and my opinion changed quickly. This car is quick, shifts strong (even as an automatic) and handles wonderfully. I truly lost all preconceptions of it being a feminine car and I have loved driving it every since. And, it gets stares from old and young alike. Very cool. It's a great honor to have driven one, but the new baby addition to our family just doesn't fit the 2-door sport car mold anymore, so I have to say "so long, my beauty".

I am going to miss her...
By Lucky on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

A car you could take to bed...
By SRS on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

My Del Sol VTEC has been the best car I've ever owned. It responds willingly to any request for performance, rides reasonably well for a sports car, and has unique and attractive styling. Talk about a pocket rocket! It kills me to sell mine, but we've got a baby coming...

Car of the year!
By Soccershortz on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

This is a car that I would reccoment anyone have as long as it is the vtech and has some power with aftermarket parts. Featured in Fast and the Furious

Fun and Practical
By September on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

This little car has it all. It gets around 35 miles to the gallon and looks great doing it. Handles wonderfully. Lots of room in the cabin area with a good bit of leg room.