It's a shame Honda stopped making it!
By JCMiller on
1995 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe
First let me say, I love this car. This is the only 2 seat convertible I could imagine having as a primary car. The performance is above average, especially for a 1.5L engine. I especially like that it's a hard top, rather than a soft top. It makes me feel a little safer having part of the frame behind me when it's off, takes up less storage space that you don't lose when it's up and is better in the winter. As soon as I got it, I replaced the wheels and the stereo, but those were my only real complaints from the inprovements section below and were easily replaceable. I can't understand why Honda stopped making it.
Favorite Features
Largest trunk in it's class, by far. Removable hardtop. Highly upgradable. Ergonomic seats. Honda reliability. 40+ MPG. Lockable interior storage. Beautiful styling (except for the wheels).
Suggested Improvements
Ugly stock wheels. Stock stereo not cut out for a convertible. Torque kicks in too late (peaks at 5000RPM). The cup holders are a joke. The defroster could do a better job. Big blind spots (all convertible's are known for that). A little too much road noise.