1995 Honda Civic del Sol Consumer Review: Fun 2 seater yes, but reliable

1995 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe - Consumer Review

Fun 2 seater yes, but reliable too? WOW!
By delsolian on

1995 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

I've always been fascinated with 2 seater cars. 1st car 84 Fiero=looked nice but ran like crap, 2nd car 86 MR2= reliable but cramped, 3rd car 89 Buick Riatta=nice, lots of gadgets like touch screen controls but all the gadgets broke and needed engine replaced! So in 1997 I bought a used 95 Del Sol SI. I fell in love. Being 6'3" it was the first 2 seater I truly fit into. And it has been the most reliable car Iíve owned. Over 150k miles on the SAME CLUTCH! Now at 225k miles it still gets great gas mileage and drives straight and fast. Luckily no leaks or squeaks in the targa top (use HONDA spray lube!). BUY ONE!

Roomy, peppy, Targa top easy off and on, turns on a dime. Hugs the on ramps. 7500 rpm is the sweet spot where it feels like it has a turbo! Smoothest shifter ever, tons of storage space. Big trunk! Front engined. ULTRA RELIABILITY.

Well I think there is a place in the honda line up for the Del Sol. I wish they'd make it. The new 2003 Civic SI is a beautiful car but does not match up to the Del Sol and the S2000 which I also own is great but at $35,000 is expensive and out of many younger people's price range.