1995 Honda Civic del Sol Consumer Review: Better than new at 13

1995 Honda Civic del Sol - Consumer Review

Si Coupe (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Better than new at 13
By tom2571 on

1995 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

This is a great car. I have driven the "heck" out of it (340,000 so far) and still get over 40 mpg highway. Have no complaints about its performance even though it's not the VTEC version. I'm actually glad I went with the Si. The trunk space is amazing and I have been able to carry things most people would never imagine a car this small could handle. I laugh at the commercials for new "economy" cars that brag 35 mpg. This "old" car beats all except some Hybrids and even those can't claim much better. Now the car is old, with a lot of miles on it, but I really can't justify trading it in on anything new. I'd be trading down!

The gas mileage and ease-of-driving can't be beat. Love the removable top and how its cradled in the trunk space without taking up storage room. Front wheel drive and the low overall weight has made driving on snow and ice a breeze!

The only thing I'd improve is the interior cup holders. They put the cups right at the drivers right elbow and make it too easy to accidentally spill and awkward to reach cups. No other improvements necessary. They should have kept making this car! I'd buy it again in a second (and again after that!)