1995 Honda Civic del Sol Consumer Review: 14 years old and still running

1995 Honda Civic del Sol - Consumer Review

14 years old and still running strong
By Dreznin on

1995 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

I bought my 95 VTEC to replace my old Altima which had been squished between two SUVs, never before has an accident been such a good thing for me. This little car still turns heads since there are so few still out there, I'm always getting questions about it. The performance of the DOHC VTEC trim level is GREAT, especially for such a tiny motor. The VTEC's upgraded suspension makes it nimble in corners and the high- winding engine makes highways a delight. My only gripes would be the cup holder placement and the rubber seal around the rear wheel wells that traps water and causes the body to rust (can be removed by hand in about 10 seconds). I can safely say that I will NEVER sell mine.

Hard top security, convertible fun. The polite nature of the B16A3 motor, until you floor it anyways.

Make the rear quarters a separate piece, especially since it is prone to rust. Sheet metal repair isn't cheap. Make more roof seal replacements, they are getting hard to find. BRING IT BACK!