Used 1995 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC - Consumer Reviews

VTEC 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (20 reviews )

'95 Del Sol VTEC
By jdibs77

1995 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

This car is spectacular. It gets fantastic gas mileage, and is the second most fun car I've driven (first is a Miata). The targa top offers the ease of a soft top with the benefits of a hard top. It has a very good amount of pick-up, but there is only so much a 1.6L engine can do. It definitely out-accelerates other little 4 cylinders though. It takes turns amazingly. The suspension is stiff, which may be a disadvantage to some, but I count that as a plus. I have only had it for about a month, so I can't say much for reliability, but from my research there is very little that goes wrong with these. If you get one, try your best to get the VTEC model, because it is worth every penny.

Targa Top comes off in ~45 seconds Stock seats look cool and are very comfortable Stiffer, upgraded suspension (from S and SI models) Clutch is very light, and it slips into gear perfectly. Very easy to drive and/or learn manual on. Pretty fast, not the fastest, but definitely enough to get you in trouble. When you don't wanna go fast, it gets better gas mileage than today's "economic" 4 door sedans. Looks awesome Back window rolls down. The single best feature, as it can be used without taking the top off, and it is even nice to use in 20 degree weather. Good turning radius

The cupholders, while present, are not the greatest. They work fine, but they can occasionally get in the way. Seats are a little hard to get in to, definitely doable though, don't pass on this car just because of that. The interior light is kind of sub-par, due to the fact that it must be located farther back since the targa top roof is in the way.

Perfect Roadster
By Mrhiguy

1995 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

This is my 3rd Del Sol and I keep coming back to it. It performs and handles excellently. Gets great gas mileage for a performance car. If you really don't like the highways speeds. Invest in swapping an Integra LS or GSR 5th gear.

T-Top, Storage space, looks.

None really. Not driving a 50k BMW so can't ask for luxury.

Light of My Life!
By JUgurl

1995 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

The first time I had saw my car on the lot, I had to stop. A month later I was buying it with my grant money for college. I have to drive about 80 miles a day to go to college, so I needed a car with great mpg. I also didn't want to be a dork at school, so I needed something fun and impressive. My del sol is the absolute best car I've ever driven. She really picks up and goes, while keeping my wallet happy when it comes to gas. I get stopped all the time by people who want to buy her. I even had a cop pull me over to ask about it! I have yet to see a single flaw in this car, and even though I'm young, I will never ever sell it!

The removable top, sporty interior, great mpg, and big spoiler.

14 years old and still running strong
By Dreznin

1995 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

I bought my 95 VTEC to replace my old Altima which had been squished between two SUVs, never before has an accident been such a good thing for me. This little car still turns heads since there are so few still out there, I'm always getting questions about it. The performance of the DOHC VTEC trim level is GREAT, especially for such a tiny motor. The VTEC's upgraded suspension makes it nimble in corners and the high- winding engine makes highways a delight. My only gripes would be the cup holder placement and the rubber seal around the rear wheel wells that traps water and causes the body to rust (can be removed by hand in about 10 seconds). I can safely say that I will NEVER sell mine.

Hard top security, convertible fun. The polite nature of the B16A3 motor, until you floor it anyways.

Make the rear quarters a separate piece, especially since it is prone to rust. Sheet metal repair isn't cheap. Make more roof seal replacements, they are getting hard to find. BRING IT BACK!

It moves... It grooves
By Eric

1995 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

This has to be the best fun car I have ever owned. In the 9 years I've owned it, I have put on over 100K miles commuting to work, driving around Colorado for work (it's GREAT in the mountains on winding roads) and driving to and from destinations near and far across the country. It is great fun to drive and gets wonderful gas mileage. The VTEC engine gives it great pep - ever heard the term "pocket rocket?" Since I am mostly retired, I drive the wife's Prius mostly to get around town - even better mileage. But I wouldn't trade the del Sol for anything. Putting the roof down, "Oldies" on the radio and heading up into the mountains... nothing can be better!

The removable hard top and the mileage.

Can't think of a thing!