1995 Honda Civic del Sol - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic del Sol model:
'95 Del Sol VTEC
By jdibs77 on 03/21/13 13:08 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

This car is spectacular. It gets fantastic gas mileage, and is the second most fun car I've driven (first is a Miata). The targa top offers the ease of a soft top with the benefits of a hard top. It has a very good amount of pick-up, but there is only so much a 1.6L engine can do. It definitely out-accelerates other little 4 cylinders though. It takes turns amazingly. The suspension is stiff, which may be a disadvantage to some, but I count that as a plus. I have only had it for about a month, so I can't say much for reliability, but from my research there is very little that goes wrong with these. If you get one, try your best to get the VTEC model, because it is worth every penny.

Perfect Roadster
By Mrhiguy on 06/14/10 00:46 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

This is my 3rd Del Sol and I keep coming back to it. It performs and handles excellently. Gets great gas mileage for a performance car. If you really don't like the highways speeds. Invest in swapping an Integra LS or GSR 5th gear.

Light of My Life!
By JUgurl on 11/08/09 14:45 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

The first time I had saw my car on the lot, I had to stop. A month later I was buying it with my grant money for college. I have to drive about 80 miles a day to go to college, so I needed a car with great mpg. I also didn't want to be a dork at school, so I needed something fun and impressive. My del sol is the absolute best car I've ever driven. She really picks up and goes, while keeping my wallet happy when it comes to gas. I get stopped all the time by people who want to buy her. I even had a cop pull me over to ask about it! I have yet to see a single flaw in this car, and even though I'm young, I will never ever sell it!

14 years old and still running strong
By Dreznin on 07/25/09 15:11 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

I bought my 95 VTEC to replace my old Altima which had been squished between two SUVs, never before has an accident been such a good thing for me. This little car still turns heads since there are so few still out there, I'm always getting questions about it. The performance of the DOHC VTEC trim level is GREAT, especially for such a tiny motor. The VTEC's upgraded suspension makes it nimble in corners and the high- winding engine makes highways a delight. My only gripes would be the cup holder placement and the rubber seal around the rear wheel wells that traps water and causes the body to rust (can be removed by hand in about 10 seconds). I can safely say that I will NEVER sell mine.

It moves... It grooves
By Eric on 06/25/09 12:50 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

This has to be the best fun car I have ever owned. In the 9 years I've owned it, I have put on over 100K miles commuting to work, driving around Colorado for work (it's GREAT in the mountains on winding roads) and driving to and from destinations near and far across the country. It is great fun to drive and gets wonderful gas mileage. The VTEC engine gives it great pep - ever heard the term "pocket rocket?" Since I am mostly retired, I drive the wife's Prius mostly to get around town - even better mileage. But I wouldn't trade the del Sol for anything. Putting the roof down, "Oldies" on the radio and heading up into the mountains... nothing can be better!

luvmysol
By sol-lover on 03/28/09 03:07 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

This car has been reliable and a blast to own. Even with high miles it runs like new with awesome MPG! This car was intelligently designed with huge trunk space. Tons of room in the trunk even with the roof in it! I wish Honda would return this car to production. Can't say enough about it.

Roadster re-born
By Gary Stewart on 11/18/08 15:48 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

I went 40+ years between "roadsters" & this is wayyyy better than the old English/Italian cars. A little hard to get into, but much more leg/head room than any modern convert I tried. Handles amazing; quick, but always feels like there should be 1 more gear. Unbelievably tight for 13 years & 160K miles. It rains a lot where I live so you better be sure the windows are up, but it doesn't leak when they are. Much less wind turbulence with top off & windows down than any convert I've ever been in. Can't wait for next summer!! My wife loves it despite low entry & she's >60 too.

High RPM
By Jet on 08/13/08 20:44 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

Just bought my 95 del so dohc v-tec. Can't stand the high revs on highway speed. Feels like it needs a 6th gear. Any ideas how I can adjust to lower rpm, through computer? Will tranny change help? Need better gas mileage like my standard 95 civic coupe. Going from close to 50 mpg down to 30 mpg on del so. Don't need the extra power. I drive about 250 miles a day, so the mileage does count. Just trying to increase mileage if I can.

The best car
By yvonne on 12/26/04 23:00 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

My '95 V-Tech Del Sol was the best car I've ever owned! I traveled all around North America in it without a single problem. Through the Utah desert in summer and the Rocky Mountains in winter! I've never had it in the mechanics shop and trusted its mechanical quality 150%! It was recently stolen and stripped, and I know I will NEVER get back what it is worth or find anything even comparable...not even close!

wish i still had it
By tib on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

i bought this car in the summer of 03 and fell in love with it. i previously had a civic dx and it couldnt compare to the sol's performance and fun factor. im 5'7 so i fit with room to spare, my 6'0+ friends never had an issue either. a fun brisk DOHC that you could feel kick in when you hit 5000 rpm. unique too, not your everyday civic, but just as reliable and inexpencive to maintain. MPG cant be beat by anything in its class. great as a pirmary car or easy to maintain weekend warrior i lost it in december when it and a truck hit. after looking around, i decided on getting another, but an si, there were no VTEC's for sale, cant blame them, wonderful car.