1995 Honda Civic del Sol - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic del Sol model:
Fun, sporty car
By albatem on 08/01/10 09:40 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

Don't own it any more, but overall a very fun car to drive. Interior space is limited to two seats, but there are lots of storage spots and the truck is surprisingly large for a car of this size. Sporty looks and with some minor modifications this car handles like its on rails. Not very fast straight line. Didn't have any issues with car until around 115,000 when I got rid of it. 2nd gear or the synchro was gone and it would not shift in or out of 2nd, no other issues and this was likely due to driving the car hard. Overall fun, reliable car.

Best Little 2-Seater Ever Made!
By Travelinzoo on 08/03/09 00:48 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

Why oh why did Honda stop making these??? I've had mine for nearly 10 years, and I still get 42 mpg on the highway. Nothing compares for style, room, economy, reliability and fun! Nothing. But it's so hard to find one with low mileage now. Honda, please, please bring them back!

1995 Honda del Sol
By charlotte hutchison on 06/16/08 17:08 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

Great pick up and maneuverability in traffic. Low, low maintenance. Gas mileage is fantastic! Really hugs the road well. Love this car! Fun to drive!!!

Better than new at 13
By tom2571 on 04/25/08 17:25 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

This is a great car. I have driven the "heck" out of it (340,000 so far) and still get over 40 mpg highway. Have no complaints about its performance even though it's not the VTEC version. I'm actually glad I went with the Si. The trunk space is amazing and I have been able to carry things most people would never imagine a car this small could handle. I laugh at the commercials for new "economy" cars that brag 35 mpg. This "old" car beats all except some Hybrids and even those can't claim much better. Now the car is old, with a lot of miles on it, but I really can't justify trading it in on anything new. I'd be trading down!

My favorite car, 'til I bought the S2000
By Cristiano1911 on 04/25/07 21:51 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

Great acceleration. Great handling, beaten by a Chevy Typhoon only. Great fun to drive, introduced me to "open air motoring." Will never drive a closed top automobile EVER again. Great automobile from which to learn the limits of cornering in front wheel drive vehicles. Very sorry I gave it to my daughter when it turned 10 and had only 101,000 on the odometer. Imagine, she turned around and traded it in on an automatic transmission Corolla (she didn't like the manual transmission).

Fun to drive
By jnjroy on 08/21/05 22:53 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

I put around 40,000 miles a year commuting in my car. It gets excellent gas mileage (I have been able to get 40mpg out of it), yet with the VTEC it has a little pep as well. Very reliable.

Engine sings a happy song!
By Michael on 04/04/05 19:06 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

Compare BMW Z3 & Miata. Crawl inside a del Sol [CRX targa], it has more room, truly reclining seat, more storage, built-in roll bar, & a safer permanent top. Trunk holds volumes. Love the power back window. At Interstate speeds the del Sol is far more capable than a Miata. Nearly 100K & still on the original brakes, clutch, etc. Recommended maintenance, tires, batteries, & fluids only expense. If Life is a series of compromises, then the del Sol hasn't heard: great handling & performance, along with great economy & practicality. Drive the SI SOHC-VTEC or DOHC-VTEC & feel the punch at 3K, 4K, & 5K RPMs as cam, 4 valves, & variable valve timing kick in respectively. Redline is over 7K RPMs.

Awesome
By Judd1919 on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

This car rocks! I suggest everyone go out and buy a Del Sol!

i love this car!
By delsoldriver95 on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

This is the most reliable car i've ever had.It gets great gas mileage.i've put over 40,000mi on this car in the last 1 1/2 years and have never had a single problem with it. It's fun to drive and easy to maintain. It's also pretty decent in the snow...who would have thought? I would definately recommend buying one.

Price for a premium 1st. used car
By Jim Rawlings on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

One owner car. Perfect body condition. NO rust. All maintenance records at delearship. 5000 miles per year. Total 41,000 miles.