Used 1995 Honda Civic del Sol Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Civic del Sol model:

Fun, sporty car
By albatem

1995 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

Don't own it any more, but overall a very fun car to drive. Interior space is limited to two seats, but there are lots of storage spots and the truck is surprisingly large for a car of this size. Sporty looks and with some minor modifications this car handles like its on rails. Not very fast straight line. Didn't have any issues with car until around 115,000 when I got rid of it. 2nd gear or the synchro was gone and it would not shift in or out of 2nd, no other issues and this was likely due to driving the car hard. Overall fun, reliable car.

Favorite Features

handling, mpg, unique, rear window

Suggested Improvements

more power

Best Little 2-Seater Ever Made!
By Travelinzoo

1995 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

Why oh why did Honda stop making these??? I've had mine for nearly 10 years, and I still get 42 mpg on the highway. Nothing compares for style, room, economy, reliability and fun! Nothing. But it's so hard to find one with low mileage now. Honda, please, please bring them back!

Favorite Features

Body design, Targa roof (much safer than soft tops from break ins), roll bar, spacious trunk, back power window, back window cut/design, mpgs, etc!

Suggested Improvements

I've never been able to use the cup holder -- it's too far back for safety. I've really missed having a headlight reminder buzzer and it's difficult to find someone willing to do it after market. The black from the sealant around the targa top stains my hands and clothing -- but still worth it!

1995 Honda del Sol
By charlotte hutchison

1995 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

Great pick up and maneuverability in traffic. Low, low maintenance. Gas mileage is fantastic! Really hugs the road well. Love this car! Fun to drive!!!

Favorite Features

(1) Very large trunk -- especially for size of car. (2) Lift-off hardtop is very simple to take off and store and very lightweight (3) On hot summer days the roll-down back window is great for blowing out the hot air after the car's been sitting in the parking lot at work all day. Cool feature!

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder should be larger around and is too far back on the console to reach. Instead of having an ashtray (this car is not very easy or safe to smoke in anyway) they could have put the cup holder where the ashtray is.

Better than new at 13
By tom2571

1995 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

This is a great car. I have driven the "heck" out of it (340,000 so far) and still get over 40 mpg highway. Have no complaints about its performance even though it's not the VTEC version. I'm actually glad I went with the Si. The trunk space is amazing and I have been able to carry things most people would never imagine a car this small could handle. I laugh at the commercials for new "economy" cars that brag 35 mpg. This "old" car beats all except some Hybrids and even those can't claim much better. Now the car is old, with a lot of miles on it, but I really can't justify trading it in on anything new. I'd be trading down!

Favorite Features

The gas mileage and ease-of-driving can't be beat. Love the removable top and how its cradled in the trunk space without taking up storage room. Front wheel drive and the low overall weight has made driving on snow and ice a breeze!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I'd improve is the interior cup holders. They put the cups right at the drivers right elbow and make it too easy to accidentally spill and awkward to reach cups. No other improvements necessary. They should have kept making this car! I'd buy it again in a second (and again after that!)

My favorite car, 'til I bought the S2000
By Cristiano1911

1995 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

Great acceleration. Great handling, beaten by a Chevy Typhoon only. Great fun to drive, introduced me to "open air motoring." Will never drive a closed top automobile EVER again. Great automobile from which to learn the limits of cornering in front wheel drive vehicles. Very sorry I gave it to my daughter when it turned 10 and had only 101,000 on the odometer. Imagine, she turned around and traded it in on an automatic transmission Corolla (she didn't like the manual transmission).

Favorite Features

Removable and easily stowable roof with electrically lowered rear glass, for a convertible feel. Very quiet with the windows down and roof stowed at 85 MPH.

Suggested Improvements

Really needed an electrical antenna (I installed one from an Accord).