Used 1995 Honda Civic del Sol Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Civic del Sol model:

'95 Del Sol VTEC
By jdibs77

1995 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

This car is spectacular. It gets fantastic gas mileage, and is the second most fun car I've driven (first is a Miata). The targa top offers the ease of a soft top with the benefits of a hard top. It has a very good amount of pick-up, but there is only so much a 1.6L engine can do. It definitely out-accelerates other little 4 cylinders though. It takes turns amazingly. The suspension is stiff, which may be a disadvantage to some, but I count that as a plus. I have only had it for about a month, so I can't say much for reliability, but from my research there is very little that goes wrong with these. If you get one, try your best to get the VTEC model, because it is worth every penny.

Favorite Features

Targa Top comes off in ~45 seconds Stock seats look cool and are very comfortable Stiffer, upgraded suspension (from S and SI models) Clutch is very light, and it slips into gear perfectly. Very easy to drive and/or learn manual on. Pretty fast, not the fastest, but definitely enough to get you in trouble. When you don't wanna go fast, it gets better gas mileage than today's "economic" 4 door sedans. Looks awesome Back window rolls down. The single best feature, as it can be used without taking the top off, and it is even nice to use in 20 degree weather. Good turning radius

Suggested Improvements

The cupholders, while present, are not the greatest. They work fine, but they can occasionally get in the way. Seats are a little hard to get in to, definitely doable though, don't pass on this car just because of that. The interior light is kind of sub-par, due to the fact that it must be located farther back since the targa top roof is in the way.

Fun, sporty car
By albatem

1995 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

Don't own it any more, but overall a very fun car to drive. Interior space is limited to two seats, but there are lots of storage spots and the truck is surprisingly large for a car of this size. Sporty looks and with some minor modifications this car handles like its on rails. Not very fast straight line. Didn't have any issues with car until around 115,000 when I got rid of it. 2nd gear or the synchro was gone and it would not shift in or out of 2nd, no other issues and this was likely due to driving the car hard. Overall fun, reliable car.

Favorite Features

handling, mpg, unique, rear window

Suggested Improvements

more power

Perfect Roadster
By Mrhiguy

1995 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

This is my 3rd Del Sol and I keep coming back to it. It performs and handles excellently. Gets great gas mileage for a performance car. If you really don't like the highways speeds. Invest in swapping an Integra LS or GSR 5th gear.

Favorite Features

T-Top, Storage space, looks.

Suggested Improvements

None really. Not driving a 50k BMW so can't ask for luxury.

Light of My Life!
By JUgurl

1995 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

The first time I had saw my car on the lot, I had to stop. A month later I was buying it with my grant money for college. I have to drive about 80 miles a day to go to college, so I needed a car with great mpg. I also didn't want to be a dork at school, so I needed something fun and impressive. My del sol is the absolute best car I've ever driven. She really picks up and goes, while keeping my wallet happy when it comes to gas. I get stopped all the time by people who want to buy her. I even had a cop pull me over to ask about it! I have yet to see a single flaw in this car, and even though I'm young, I will never ever sell it!

Favorite Features

The removable top, sporty interior, great mpg, and big spoiler.

Best Little 2-Seater Ever Made!
By Travelinzoo

1995 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

Why oh why did Honda stop making these??? I've had mine for nearly 10 years, and I still get 42 mpg on the highway. Nothing compares for style, room, economy, reliability and fun! Nothing. But it's so hard to find one with low mileage now. Honda, please, please bring them back!

Favorite Features

Body design, Targa roof (much safer than soft tops from break ins), roll bar, spacious trunk, back power window, back window cut/design, mpgs, etc!

Suggested Improvements

I've never been able to use the cup holder -- it's too far back for safety. I've really missed having a headlight reminder buzzer and it's difficult to find someone willing to do it after market. The black from the sealant around the targa top stains my hands and clothing -- but still worth it!