Del Sol VTEC
By Paul on
1994 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe
I've owned a black Del Sol VTEC for 3 years and it's the best car I've ever owned. It looks different from everything on the road, and it turns heads when I pop the roof into the trunk in less than a minute. Mine has some rust, but everything else is in pristine condition. I love this car. The trunk space is big for something so small (even with the roof inside of it), and the interior has plenty of room for a 6' tall guy like me. The kick that the VTEC gives is great, and the revving the engine to 8,200 rpm redline is the best feeling with other people around (with redlines at 6,000 that END at 8,000). The radio is hidden geniously. This car is amazing and I would never own anything else.
Favorite Features
Small so I can park it anywhere, sport enough to keep pace on the autocross, bigger tires mean I can take some corners at twice the posted warning signs, roof in trunk is the one of the most brillant inventions I have seen in a car, and the internal layout is simple yet lavish.
Suggested Improvements
ABS came only on the Canadian model. New sound system is awesome. Roof sometimes leaks, but for 12 yrs old, its fine. Get better tires (Z rated) for lots of fun. Unfortunatley, there is no interior trunk release and no power door locks (Si, not Vtec), but its fantastci aside from that.