1994 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC - Consumer Reviews

VTEC 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (21 reviews )
Will be a classic someday...
By Tom on 09/02/09 12:34 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

I have always admired the Honda Del Sol for its great design and very neat Targa top. Last month I finally had a chance to buy one - a 94 in amazingly good condition with the VTEC engine. I have to say that in all my 40 years of driving this is the most fun car I have ever owned - not just because of its zippy handling and strong-revving engine but because there is something so perfect and no-nonsense about the shape, design, functions, dash, controls. Driving with the top off and the windows rolled down is just about as much fun I think as driving gets. Mine has 83,000 miles after 15 years of use and looks and runs like it was no more than a few years old. Great car.

Never getting rid of her
By Deena on 06/02/09 13:29 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

Fell in love, had to have one, bought her in 1999. Never let me down, still looks like a dream, though a new paint job wouldn't hurt. Wouldn't sell her for a million bucks. Can't beat 35+mpg on the highway and around 30 in town.

My First Love
By JES441 on 06/07/07 08:46 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

First saw this car at a custom compact car show. Didn't know what it was but knew I wanted one. Drove 10 hours to get it. Perfect car for a weekend drive or even a daily commuter. Lots of power to play with and handling is top notch. I have no regrets getting this car. Some guys have old camaros or chevelles in their garages... I have my del Sol.

Clean
By Hotwheels on 02/24/07 22:31 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

i love the del sol. they are a great car and mine is the b16 kind from factory and it's rare. very fast car. love the roof how it stores in trunk and in case it rains don't worry about it. less than one minute you will be good to go. i have owned two del sol that is how much i like them.

B16A3
By Hotwheels on 02/20/07 23:10 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

I had a del sol like three months ago and I'm getting another one hopefully in two days. these cars are very great just like an s2000 but smaller version. engine is very strong, just get an intake and headers. performance plugs will help too. i love to drive it and specially with the top off and i know if it rains it's always in the trunk nice and safe. comes with fog lights basically everything you need and want to cruise.

Del Sol VTEC
By Paul on 04/10/06 00:04 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

I've owned a black Del Sol VTEC for 3 years and it's the best car I've ever owned. It looks different from everything on the road, and it turns heads when I pop the roof into the trunk in less than a minute. Mine has some rust, but everything else is in pristine condition. I love this car. The trunk space is big for something so small (even with the roof inside of it), and the interior has plenty of room for a 6' tall guy like me. The kick that the VTEC gives is great, and the revving the engine to 8,200 rpm redline is the best feeling with other people around (with redlines at 6,000 that END at 8,000). The radio is hidden geniously. This car is amazing and I would never own anything else.

Honda Del Sol
By Ward Johnson on 03/25/05 06:50 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

This vehicle is a joy to drive on freeways and highways in California. Dependable, functional, comfortable, fast, maneuverable, sporty, fuel efficient.

What a great car!
By JES441 on 11/10/04 01:16 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

This car is awesome! I've had this car for about 6 months and I absolutly love it. You can not get a better fun factor at this price. Build quality is that of any Honda, enough said. I wouldn't give this up for anything. Suprising trunk space as well.

Classic in the making
By Tan Sol on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

This car is a hoot, In highschool my dad used to let me drive his 1968 dodge charger R/T S/E model,(440 magnium. 4 barrel) This car the Del Sol, bring back those memories of "zooming" without using gas at the rate of 10 MPG! People think it is a new car, they ask me what year it is. I love the DOHC VTEC motor sound when you kick it into over 5900 rpm. All while getting 30MPG.

Super Fun to Drive
By vineviz on 09/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

The del Sol VTEC is extremely fun to drive, more fun than cars that are much more expensive. I have never had the car into the shop for an unscheduled repair: the quality if bulletproof. Also, it is very roomy for a two- seater. Leg room is great in the cabin, and the trunk is actually quite large.