1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic del Sol model:
I love my Del Sol, I'll never sell it!
By penny on 08/03/09 17:40 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

It's been almost 15 years since I purchased my '94 samba green si and I've racked up 209,000 miles. Three cross country drives from TN to CA, countless drives between MI to FL and it has been my only vehicle for commuting. I've followed Honda's recommendations for service and have never had any major issues. Nowadays I'm living in Ohio and admit that it doesn't handle especially well in snow over 6 inches, but the front wheel drive helps. The paint held up great and it looks pretty shiny and new still. It's a pleasure to drive on curvy roads and I really enjoy the smiles the little kids give me. It's a great conversation piece.

you should buy a Del Sol
By heather on 12/31/07 15:07 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as a fuel saver. It was my first car, I could trust it to get me anywhere safely. I have owned it for over 10 years and it still runs great. My only concern is the size. No one can see it. We get tons of compliments on it.

Honda del Sol rocks
By Alli on 07/20/06 12:37 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

If I had a dime for every person that offered to buy my car, I could buy another del Sol. I don't plan to get rid of this car ever!

215,000 Miles Strong
By Sherri Gerlach on 07/12/06 21:14 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my Del Sol SI and drove it about 30,000 miles the first year. It's just so much fun, top on or off. It really loves the higher RPMs. For the performance it gives, the low emissions and high gas mileage (32mpg) are fantastic. It's been extremely dependable, and to keep it that way I feed it good quality regular gasoline and keep up on service. While it is a little car, it's got a huge trunk. I've taken it camping several times on back country & mountain trips. It's the perfect commuter car (in lieu of a hybrid). A little secret that it took me 8 years to discover is that many carwashes will give a discount on washes and waxes due to the car's small size.

lovin the sol
By Meetle on 02/08/06 11:29 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

This is a fun car that has a lot to offer. It is small, but i still manage to fit all of my junk in it. I have had many compliments on it and many stares because it is so darn green. I mean, you can see me from a mile away. The best part though is hearing people guess how old it is. It is a 94, but no one knows unless i tell them!

What a feeling!
By Kiwi's owner on 04/14/05 09:14 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I went on this site to toy with the idea of selling my delSol. I bought "Kiwi" (Samba Green) over 10 years ago. Best car ever -- FUN! I've babied it a bit, and still shines like new. The green color is so cool...it's become my "trademark". With only 80K miles, and seeing the reviews of 180K+ and still going strong, I think I have changed my mind about selling -- we have a long relationship ahead. :-)

fun lil car
By delsol2nr on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

i bought my del sol in april of this year with 181k miles on it and now it has 186k miles, it still runs like it's new. i'm getting about 18 mpg in the city, but after all it does have 186k miles on it and i do drive fast in it. del sols are rare in hawaii so i'm glad i don't see a lot of them around.

my convertible!
By mydelsol on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

After a lot of hemming and hawing, finally made the move with the del sol. It's a lot more fun than I thought it would be. It handles better and is quicker than I planned on. At 95k it still gets 30+ city and high thirties highway. And having a convertible....love it!!

Excellent and fun
By SHAWN HARTLEY on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I;ve owned 2 del sols now and i dont plan on getting rid of mine till it falls apart completely. This car handles excellent very roomy inside for a 2 seated car. Targa comes off for a fun drive in the summer. All in all and excellent car.

It's actually a 93...
By Phenostar on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

Best car I've ever owned, I love it to death. The removable top is executed perfectly. Suprising performance from the D16Z6, if anybody's got an old B16 laying around, I'll take it off your hands in no time. Only problem is I think it died today.. Think I blew a piston or something.... :( :( :(