Used 1994 Honda Civic del Sol Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Civic-del-sol - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic del Sol model:

I love my Del Sol, I'll never sell it!
By penny

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

It's been almost 15 years since I purchased my '94 samba green si and I've racked up 209,000 miles. Three cross country drives from TN to CA, countless drives between MI to FL and it has been my only vehicle for commuting. I've followed Honda's recommendations for service and have never had any major issues. Nowadays I'm living in Ohio and admit that it doesn't handle especially well in snow over 6 inches, but the front wheel drive helps. The paint held up great and it looks pretty shiny and new still. It's a pleasure to drive on curvy roads and I really enjoy the smiles the little kids give me. It's a great conversation piece.

Favorite Features

The power back window is used on a regular basis to vent fresh air. I love the room in the trunk. Most people are surprised at the space. Most new cars today are half the space. The gas mileage has really been a savior on my wallet when the price of gas rises.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the cup holders, add a little more power and please please please bring back the Honda Del Sol.

you should buy a Del Sol
By heather

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as a fuel saver. It was my first car, I could trust it to get me anywhere safely. I have owned it for over 10 years and it still runs great. My only concern is the size. No one can see it. We get tons of compliments on it.

Favorite Features

The Honda Del Sol is very sporty. The engine is remarkable. The gas mileage is outstanding. Very minimum upkeep. We love the hard top convertible.

Suggested Improvements

It leaks when it rains from the hard top convertible.

Honda del Sol rocks
By Alli

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

If I had a dime for every person that offered to buy my car, I could buy another del Sol. I don't plan to get rid of this car ever!

Favorite Features

Handling, gas mileage, looks, convertability.

Suggested Improvements

A trunk latch button inside the car. Larger glove compartment that locks.

215,000 Miles Strong
By Sherri Gerlach

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my Del Sol SI and drove it about 30,000 miles the first year. It's just so much fun, top on or off. It really loves the higher RPMs. For the performance it gives, the low emissions and high gas mileage (32mpg) are fantastic. It's been extremely dependable, and to keep it that way I feed it good quality regular gasoline and keep up on service. While it is a little car, it's got a huge trunk. I've taken it camping several times on back country & mountain trips. It's the perfect commuter car (in lieu of a hybrid). A little secret that it took me 8 years to discover is that many carwashes will give a discount on washes and waxes due to the car's small size.

Favorite Features

The removable top is really cool, but I think I love the automatic roll-down rear window even more.

Suggested Improvements

The bucket seats have no lumbar support. Also, with legs out in front, it's natural to sit on your tailbone.

lovin the sol
By Meetle

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

This is a fun car that has a lot to offer. It is small, but i still manage to fit all of my junk in it. I have had many compliments on it and many stares because it is so darn green. I mean, you can see me from a mile away. The best part though is hearing people guess how old it is. It is a 94, but no one knows unless i tell them!

Favorite Features

I love my comfy seats, back window, and targa top. Also, the hot green stripe on the seats always makes me smile.

Suggested Improvements

My trunk and top leak a fair amount, but the weatherstripping is 12 years old. It is sort-of squeaky, but i always turn the music up so i hardly hear it! other than that, it is wonderful.