Used 1994 Honda Civic del Sol S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Civic del Sol - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic del Sol model:

good, cute, reliable little baby car
By louie almeida

1994 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

At its first sight on our city road, i've said to my self, someday i wanna own this car cause i was then new here in the country and still coping with the environment. once i got employed i immediately searched and bought this car. and no regret, i love it. almost maintenance free if not low cost to maintain. i love the gas mileage consumption. i love the style, the practicality to use, and plan to keep it for so long till it becomes rare and antique/vintage or becomes collector's item. so for those out there who owns one, try to keep and maintain it and you'll be delighted.

style, gas mileage, reliability, interior design, and the rear window roll down function. it's unique

i wish Honda would re-introduce the model again and i wish they make a rear wheel drive or rear axle drive so that it would be fun to drip

Fun while it lasted
By D-Bizzle

1994 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

I've had 2 Del Sols so far. This was my second one after the first was in a flood. This car did not even have 100k on it when we had to replace the headgasket, then it overheated again. It was the radiator, $1500 in repairs. Now this car is totalled too because my boyfriend decided to run it into a concrete wall on the highway. I miss the ride, the functionality of the top, the wind in my hair, the gas mileage. But all the Del Sols I get are ripped away from me! Why oh why?

I loved the hard top, no replacing it, not one can get in. I love the back window. Why is Honda sooo smart?

Put something like this car back on the market Honda! There are no hard topped convertibles out there like this one! Oh, can the cup holders. I went to walmart to get the ones that go in between your seat, much more functional.

Fun in the sun
By Matt

1994 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

Awesome, fun little car. Lots of attention with the top off, no penalty in the winter for having a fabric roof. Extremely manuverable; reliable - provided you do regular maintanance. Quick for the limited amount of power; you can get insane gas mileage if you behave yourself - with the 1.5 motor I get about 36 city / 42 highway. On a 500 mile trip at a constant 70, I managed to get 52 mpg - but that was without any real traffic on a nice day. Those who complain about their roof leaking must have been in an accident, or the previous owner had.

Feels like a convertible with the roof off and rear window down; easy to manuver even without power steering; easy on gas without being a hybrid; extremely fun to drive

Cupholders are for passenger use only; sometimes is hard to see around or over other vehicles; coolant system seems a little more trouble prone. Aux lights on early models require yearly replacement; easy to get tickets

if u find 1 get it
By greendelli

1994 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

I have had my del sol s standard no power sterering 4 about 4 weeks and i love it. I have spend about $500 by giving it a fuel system cleaning and buying clips to fix the trunk leak. Other than that i have spend nothing unnecessary.

targa top, power windows, small shape

none!! if u find 1 let me know!!!!!!1

Keeper
By babigurl

1994 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

I just bought this car and i'm in love with it. It handles wonderfully on the turns and has plenty of power. if you have a chance to buy one do it!

targa top, rear sliding window, execllent mpg 35/41

none if you find some let me know