1994 Honda Civic del Sol - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic del Sol model:
good, cute, reliable little baby car
By louie almeida on 08/21/10 13:47 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

At its first sight on our city road, i've said to my self, someday i wanna own this car cause i was then new here in the country and still coping with the environment. once i got employed i immediately searched and bought this car. and no regret, i love it. almost maintenance free if not low cost to maintain. i love the gas mileage consumption. i love the style, the practicality to use, and plan to keep it for so long till it becomes rare and antique/vintage or becomes collector's item. so for those out there who owns one, try to keep and maintain it and you'll be delighted.

Fun while it lasted
By D-Bizzle on 06/07/07 07:44 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

I've had 2 Del Sols so far. This was my second one after the first was in a flood. This car did not even have 100k on it when we had to replace the headgasket, then it overheated again. It was the radiator, $1500 in repairs. Now this car is totalled too because my boyfriend decided to run it into a concrete wall on the highway. I miss the ride, the functionality of the top, the wind in my hair, the gas mileage. But all the Del Sols I get are ripped away from me! Why oh why?

Fun in the sun
By Matt on 04/03/06 16:20 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

Awesome, fun little car. Lots of attention with the top off, no penalty in the winter for having a fabric roof. Extremely manuverable; reliable - provided you do regular maintanance. Quick for the limited amount of power; you can get insane gas mileage if you behave yourself - with the 1.5 motor I get about 36 city / 42 highway. On a 500 mile trip at a constant 70, I managed to get 52 mpg - but that was without any real traffic on a nice day. Those who complain about their roof leaking must have been in an accident, or the previous owner had.

if u find 1 get it
By greendelli on 02/09/06 21:22 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

I have had my del sol s standard no power sterering 4 about 4 weeks and i love it. I have spend about $500 by giving it a fuel system cleaning and buying clips to fix the trunk leak. Other than that i have spend nothing unnecessary.

Keeper
By babigurl on 01/09/06 17:01 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

I just bought this car and i'm in love with it. It handles wonderfully on the turns and has plenty of power. if you have a chance to buy one do it!

My Heart and Sol
By Amanda1229 on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

This is only my second car but I wouldnt trade it for anything. I love everything about it. If feels like my own little race car. This is a car I have a hard time keeping my foot out of. Mine is standard. The shifting is so smoothe. And I love the fact there is no power steering. It is such a small car, I think it helps with the handling. I also love that it isnt high maintanence. Keep the oil changed and she is good to go.

The Couriers Who Know Me
By Terrell Van Romack on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

Dallas and Fort Worth freeways will never be the same when i trade my 94 del sol into the dealer for a new 4- door civic (time will tell)8 months of 90 mph 9-5 M-F set my record straight, and 80,000 miles later it is at 150,000. The only dissapointment were the exit ramps off of freeways. The short wheelbase made handling at a maintained speed uncomfortable. Fuel economy was a consistent 39 Hwy/ 37 with the a/c on. Oil, antifreeze, plugs...Nothing was a problem. Saturday afternoon with the hardtop off is too cool for the average man or woman to own.

Gr8 Little Car
By Izzy's Mom on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

I have had this wonderful car for about three years and have never had any reason for repair/work. I am a 59 yr old single woman who loves this little beauty, but recently finding it difficlut to "get in and out" comfortably !! Perhaps it is time to get something more for comfort!!

Reliable but wimpy.
By smurfless on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

It's light, corners well for such an imbalanced weight distribution, and is otherwise a fabulous piece of machinery. The paint does chip easily, especially evident in the hood and front fenders. The rubber seals around the doors and roof seem to slowly start dissolving at about 4 years of age, but no leaking yet. The speakers are adequate, but the included stereo is the first thing to replace though. A name-brand under-200 dollar CD/radio has been a great improvement. Very impressive reliability record. A more stylish commuter car than the CRX or *ick* Geo, and more efficient than taking the family car.

great car
By delsolScoupe on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

This is an awsome car. I have the S model... it's a little slower than I'd like, but that will be solved with a b18c swap. Other than that, this car is perfect.