1994 Honda Civic del Sol - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic del Sol model:
good, cute, reliable little baby car
By louie almeida on 08/21/10 13:47 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

At its first sight on our city road, i've said to my self, someday i wanna own this car cause i was then new here in the country and still coping with the environment. once i got employed i immediately searched and bought this car. and no regret, i love it. almost maintenance free if not low cost to maintain. i love the gas mileage consumption. i love the style, the practicality to use, and plan to keep it for so long till it becomes rare and antique/vintage or becomes collector's item. so for those out there who owns one, try to keep and maintain it and you'll be delighted.

Will be a classic someday...
By Tom on 09/02/09 12:34 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

I have always admired the Honda Del Sol for its great design and very neat Targa top. Last month I finally had a chance to buy one - a 94 in amazingly good condition with the VTEC engine. I have to say that in all my 40 years of driving this is the most fun car I have ever owned - not just because of its zippy handling and strong-revving engine but because there is something so perfect and no-nonsense about the shape, design, functions, dash, controls. Driving with the top off and the windows rolled down is just about as much fun I think as driving gets. Mine has 83,000 miles after 15 years of use and looks and runs like it was no more than a few years old. Great car.

I love my Del Sol, I'll never sell it!
By penny on 08/03/09 17:40 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

It's been almost 15 years since I purchased my '94 samba green si and I've racked up 209,000 miles. Three cross country drives from TN to CA, countless drives between MI to FL and it has been my only vehicle for commuting. I've followed Honda's recommendations for service and have never had any major issues. Nowadays I'm living in Ohio and admit that it doesn't handle especially well in snow over 6 inches, but the front wheel drive helps. The paint held up great and it looks pretty shiny and new still. It's a pleasure to drive on curvy roads and I really enjoy the smiles the little kids give me. It's a great conversation piece.

Never getting rid of her
By Deena on 06/02/09 13:29 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

Fell in love, had to have one, bought her in 1999. Never let me down, still looks like a dream, though a new paint job wouldn't hurt. Wouldn't sell her for a million bucks. Can't beat 35+mpg on the highway and around 30 in town.

you should buy a Del Sol
By heather on 12/31/07 15:07 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as a fuel saver. It was my first car, I could trust it to get me anywhere safely. I have owned it for over 10 years and it still runs great. My only concern is the size. No one can see it. We get tons of compliments on it.

My First Love
By JES441 on 06/07/07 08:46 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

First saw this car at a custom compact car show. Didn't know what it was but knew I wanted one. Drove 10 hours to get it. Perfect car for a weekend drive or even a daily commuter. Lots of power to play with and handling is top notch. I have no regrets getting this car. Some guys have old camaros or chevelles in their garages... I have my del Sol.

Fun while it lasted
By D-Bizzle on 06/07/07 07:44 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

I've had 2 Del Sols so far. This was my second one after the first was in a flood. This car did not even have 100k on it when we had to replace the headgasket, then it overheated again. It was the radiator, $1500 in repairs. Now this car is totalled too because my boyfriend decided to run it into a concrete wall on the highway. I miss the ride, the functionality of the top, the wind in my hair, the gas mileage. But all the Del Sols I get are ripped away from me! Why oh why?

Clean
By Hotwheels on 02/24/07 22:31 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

i love the del sol. they are a great car and mine is the b16 kind from factory and it's rare. very fast car. love the roof how it stores in trunk and in case it rains don't worry about it. less than one minute you will be good to go. i have owned two del sol that is how much i like them.

B16A3
By Hotwheels on 02/20/07 23:10 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol VTEC 2dr Coupe

I had a del sol like three months ago and I'm getting another one hopefully in two days. these cars are very great just like an s2000 but smaller version. engine is very strong, just get an intake and headers. performance plugs will help too. i love to drive it and specially with the top off and i know if it rains it's always in the trunk nice and safe. comes with fog lights basically everything you need and want to cruise.

Honda del Sol rocks
By Alli on 07/20/06 12:37 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

If I had a dime for every person that offered to buy my car, I could buy another del Sol. I don't plan to get rid of this car ever!

1 2 3 4 5 next »