TOPless has never been more fun!
By CLUBkid on
1993 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe
Its the kind of car where u KNOW it's going to be minimal and basic but you don't really care. REMARKABLY peppy engine for a 1.5L---even with an auto. trans! 13' wheels are embarrassing, and u really feel in the turns. Handling is ok, ride is VERY harsh. Sedated steering--turning is almost TOO easy. SO much creaking when the top is on that I feel like I'm in a haunted house! Cupholders SUCK! SO much room--and I'm 6'1! Trunk is big enough for a dead body. DENTS very easily...buy a ding king! The int. lamp is useless---like the sun-visors. Power rear window is bloody wicked. Considering that it's a 1993, I think that overall it's one hell of a cool car! I'd love to find an Si and modify it!!
Favorite Features
Removeable roof, trunk holder, rear window, the front lights, and the charming "beep" from my alarm. I plan on redoing the suspension, dropping 2 inches, 16' wheels, an engine/tranny swap, sound insulation in the doors, tightening the roof so it won't creak, reupholstering the seats...
Suggested Improvements
Honda should take the new Si off the line and reintroduce the DELsol. I have so many ideas for modernizing it! A more sleek ext. design (shorter, more curved front, more agressive headlights, bigger stock wheels) with more interior accents and functionality, and the engine of the Si! A 6th gear too!