1993 Honda Civic del Sol Consumer Review: TOPless has never been more fu

1993 Honda Civic del Sol - Consumer Review

TOPless has never been more fun!
By CLUBkid on

1993 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

Its the kind of car where u KNOW it's going to be minimal and basic but you don't really care. REMARKABLY peppy engine for a 1.5L---even with an auto. trans! 13' wheels are embarrassing, and u really feel in the turns. Handling is ok, ride is VERY harsh. Sedated steering--turning is almost TOO easy. SO much creaking when the top is on that I feel like I'm in a haunted house! Cupholders SUCK! SO much room--and I'm 6'1! Trunk is big enough for a dead body. DENTS very easily...buy a ding king! The int. lamp is useless---like the sun-visors. Power rear window is bloody wicked. Considering that it's a 1993, I think that overall it's one hell of a cool car! I'd love to find an Si and modify it!!

Removeable roof, trunk holder, rear window, the front lights, and the charming "beep" from my alarm. I plan on redoing the suspension, dropping 2 inches, 16' wheels, an engine/tranny swap, sound insulation in the doors, tightening the roof so it won't creak, reupholstering the seats...

Honda should take the new Si off the line and reintroduce the DELsol. I have so many ideas for modernizing it! A more sleek ext. design (shorter, more curved front, more agressive headlights, bigger stock wheels) with more interior accents and functionality, and the engine of the Si! A 6th gear too!