1993 Honda Civic del Sol Consumer Review: My Experience

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe - Consumer Review

My Experience
By Curve on

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

I've had my car for about 2 years now and there have been minor to zero problems. I like the gas mileage and to be realistic it gets about 30-32 mpg highway miles. I don't know where 40 mpg came from the review by Bovine just below. If he was talking about the Del Sols with the 1.5 motor then I could understand. Giving the Si more credit I guess. Which it doesn't really need. The motor is noisy but then again it IS a sports car so why it bothers anyone I don't know. The roof rattled a bit after I bought it but I fixed it by replacing the seals that were under $100. They're really that inexpensive. If you go to the Honda dealership to find replacements they'll be a whole lot more.

I like the fact that it's a tuner car. Tons of aftermarket parts for it. Springs/shocks, slotted rotors, exhaust packages and so on. Best of all you can swap the motor. For example the h22, prelude motor. =) Riding through Malibu with the top off has got to be the best part about owning this car

1. Likelihood of Honda bringing this car back is slim. If they did I would suggest it to be RWD. Driving a front wheel drive roadster to me loses the purpose of having a roadster to begin with. 2. If you leave the suspension stock there's too much body roll to enjoy its handling characteristics.