A Car For The Ages
By goscience on
1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe
I want to second what all the previous reviewers have said. This car is an exceptional vehicle for the money. Reliable, fun to drive, driver comfort is excellent. This is not a muscle car; but who needs one. It has sufficient acceleration for passing and entering a highway and for long distance, the car just hums along super stable at 80 mph. I purchased my 1993 SI new and with regular maintenance it just keeps on trucking, I have 95,000 miles. I recently did a 4,000 mile driving trip from San Francisco along the West Coast up to British Columbiua. Then across and through the Canadian Rockies and back down through the Cascades. The car never failed me.
Favorite Features
The targa roof, huge trunk--something almost essential for a 2-seater, the design that keeps the airflow above the driver's compartment allows roof off in cold weather. The short length gives you an edge in tight city parking. I added an aftermarket radio/CD/4-speaker assembly and later replaced it and added connection for iPOD.
Suggested Improvements
Everybody has complained about the cupholder. BTW: I don't know about rattles, but after a while, the roof panel squeaks. This is because the rubber seal softens and (maybe) oxidizes and gets sticky. I bought a can of silicone spray and that did the trick. I intend to keep this car for a long time. Especially now that people have reported getting 200,000+ miles.