Used 1993 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic del Sol model:

I still love it...refuse to sell it.
By Brent P

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I purchased the car in 1996. It has been daily driver ever since. My wife & I have 2 kids & we can't bring ourselves to sell it. It makes a great commuter car & a great third "fun" car. I was going to buy a Miata, so glad I didn't. This car has a lot of room for a two seater. I can fit my lawn mower in the trunk w.the handles folded:)& close the lid. We have taken it on numerous vacations. I have only had to replace the distributor, besides the regular scheduled things. We have over 165,000 miles & I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere.

the roof. timeless design, doesn't look like a '93. the trunk is huge. easy to maintain, parts are reasonable. ergonomics are very good. interior & seats very comfortable for tall & short people. seats are very nice & supportive

roof rattle (fixed in the later years), better aux. lights, cup holder requires being double jointed @ the elbow.

Flashy Yet Classy
By Darrin Vogt

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe S 2dr Coupe

I was looking for a street racer and when I came across the Del Sol it was hands down #1 on my list. It was easy to trick out and now it accelerates 0- 60 in under 7 and carves corners like a hot knife through butter with minimal upgrades. This car is sweet and has alot of potential.

Low center of gravity, comfortable seats, and of course, the power rear window

They always rust on the quarterpanels.

terrible car
By zozobee

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my 93 del Sol with 60,000 miles on it.I'm up to 130000 and i've replaced the cooling system 3 times, the thing died on me at a gas station and that was 550 for a new distributor.This car has left me stranded on the side of the road more times than i care to say I have done all scheduled maintainence.I loved it so much when i first bought it I swore i would never ever get rid of it.Im over that.The roof rattles terribly.It leaks. The glove box is pointless.I think the motor on the power window is on it's way out.It has this new rattle when i accelerate up hills, so something else is about to fall apart on it.

I think they improved this car significantly by stopping production.

Awesome fun car
By sambasol

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I drive this car everyday 126 miles round trip to work and I love it!!!

The top

none

del Sol love
By cracklingice

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

Best car. Period. End of story. Must drive, everyone must drive. del Sol love. del Sol love.

5spd tranny, targa tap, roof holder, POWER REAR WINDOW

They should have given us the cool JDM toys like working visors, map lights, 1 piece head lights, aux lights that worked well, THE TRANSTOP (electric roof, trunk goes up and sucks the roof in basicly then goes back down) traction control, all the goodies.