Used 1993 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Civic del Sol model:

Love my civic del sol
By Roz

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe S 2dr Coupe

Awesome vehicle. Sporty and fun to drive. I haven't found anything about it I don't like. 40 mpg on the highway is great!

Removable top.

My Experience
By Curve

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I've had my car for about 2 years now and there have been minor to zero problems. I like the gas mileage and to be realistic it gets about 30-32 mpg highway miles. I don't know where 40 mpg came from the review by Bovine just below. If he was talking about the Del Sols with the 1.5 motor then I could understand. Giving the Si more credit I guess. Which it doesn't really need. The motor is noisy but then again it IS a sports car so why it bothers anyone I don't know. The roof rattled a bit after I bought it but I fixed it by replacing the seals that were under $100. They're really that inexpensive. If you go to the Honda dealership to find replacements they'll be a whole lot more.

I like the fact that it's a tuner car. Tons of aftermarket parts for it. Springs/shocks, slotted rotors, exhaust packages and so on. Best of all you can swap the motor. For example the h22, prelude motor. =) Riding through Malibu with the top off has got to be the best part about owning this car

1. Likelihood of Honda bringing this car back is slim. If they did I would suggest it to be RWD. Driving a front wheel drive roadster to me loses the purpose of having a roadster to begin with. 2. If you leave the suspension stock there's too much body roll to enjoy its handling characteristics.

TOPless has never been more fun!
By CLUBkid

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe S 2dr Coupe

Its the kind of car where u KNOW it's going to be minimal and basic but you don't really care. REMARKABLY peppy engine for a 1.5L---even with an auto. trans! 13' wheels are embarrassing, and u really feel in the turns. Handling is ok, ride is VERY harsh. Sedated steering--turning is almost TOO easy. SO much creaking when the top is on that I feel like I'm in a haunted house! Cupholders SUCK! SO much room--and I'm 6'1! Trunk is big enough for a dead body. DENTS very easily...buy a ding king! The int. lamp is useless---like the sun-visors. Power rear window is bloody wicked. Considering that it's a 1993, I think that overall it's one hell of a cool car! I'd love to find an Si and modify it!!

Removeable roof, trunk holder, rear window, the front lights, and the charming "beep" from my alarm. I plan on redoing the suspension, dropping 2 inches, 16' wheels, an engine/tranny swap, sound insulation in the doors, tightening the roof so it won't creak, reupholstering the seats...

Honda should take the new Si off the line and reintroduce the DELsol. I have so many ideas for modernizing it! A more sleek ext. design (shorter, more curved front, more agressive headlights, bigger stock wheels) with more interior accents and functionality, and the engine of the Si! A 6th gear too!

I have had my car for almost 10 years!
By KristenGLK

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe S 2dr Coupe

I bought it a year old with 20,000 miles on it in 1994. I now have 132,000 miles on it and have only done regular maintenance (knock on wood). I love my car and although I sometimes wish I had a car that carried more than two - I refuse to sell it.

The removable roof and storage rack in the trunk. The back window that rolls down.

I wish it had a sensor on the lights to warn me when I leave them on, but I believe the newer models have this feature.

Samba beast
By Bovine

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I have driven my del sol for 2 years and it has performed flawlessly. People still ask today if the car is new and its 12 years old. Looks sporty and handle like a champ. Interior is very roomy for a two seater. I have a JL 12W6v2 behind the seats in a custom box with no sacrifice to seat room.

Trunk is very roomy and roof rack is easy to use. I get 34 mpg in the city with a 1.6 and 40 on the hwy but still quick and pepy. tops at only 120 tho :(

Like everyone else,I think the cup holders are somewhat inconvenient and difficult to use. The car is very noisy but a decient stereo upgrade hides the roof & road noise. Roof leaks a decient amount and the window motors aren't side window motors aren't strong enough. Also needs a trunk release