1993 Honda Civic del Sol - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic del Sol model:
Fun in the Sun!!!
By HawaiinSol on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

I love my del Sol! This is a great little car with lots of punch! The best thing about this car is the targa top and the roominess of the trunk. It gets great gas mileage and is a fun car.

What a car!!!
By hondatech on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

I just bought my Del-Sol and I love it.Mine is a 1993 SI,plenty of power for me even with 192,000 miles on it.Still runs like a top.I am 6'4" and 280 lbs and I have plenty of room.I work day in and day out at a Honda dealership as a technician and I have driven plenty of these little cars, but until I actually owned one,I had no idea how fun they were !

Great Car!
By Green Machine on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my del Sol over two years ago. The salesman was a bit sleazy, so I was on guard in the beginning of owning it. For an older car, it runs great and is always reliable. I haven't had to make too many fixes to it, and I love driving it. Excellent!!!! If you get a chance to buy one, I would not hesitate!

Love My Del Sol
By DAR on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

I've had my Del Sol for 9 years and I love it. The automatic didn't help the power but for that downfall, the reliability far outshadowed that minor imperfection. Fit and trim are still good after all these years. I always feel like my del sol will get me where I want to go...reliably and economically even after 113,000 miles. Have had many offers to sell for a good price.

Great Car
By mgh_ca on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used in 1997 with 38000km on it. I only drive it in the summer and I have had a lot of fun with it. I have owned a lot of vehicles and none come close to the amount of fun that I have driving this car. And its stilla head turner. Anyone looking for a great sports car should seriouly consider this one.

a few good problems
By fredshows on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

Only problems are with the inside door handles and locking mechanism. Ashtray was flimsy, but overall this is a well build automobile. I am sold on the reliability of HONDA

sollllllllllllll
By hid aerio on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

i had the delsol for 9 years and it didnt have any big problem. honda is really reliable. very fun car to drive especially with the top off. really nice look too. but it needs more power.. its kind of slow for its look. there're vtecs for 94 and up but more power would be even better!! when i first saw the car i thought its very small inside but actually its not. its quite roomy that it fits a 6ft me with no problem. much better than the miata that i feel like i'm sitting in my little cousins toy car. the car had over 140000 miles on it at the time i sold it but it still ran great. its kinda bad on snow but hey, its a very light car.

i need another sol!
By sol man on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

the best car ive ever owned. so much fun to drive, and very sharp looking with a fresh coat of wax. ive had no problems with the car, even with an excess of 155k miles. it has been so reliable, i know it will get me anywhere. however, it is very small, and dangerous when encountering careless drivers.

Fun in the sun
By Daybud on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

I wanted a cheap fun convertible but didn't want a Miata this car is so much fun to drive I love it. Best of all it's a Honda which means reliable. Mine needs a little TLC to bring it up to perfect again but I'm willing to invest the time. I smile driving to work these days (OK so I'm lucky I live in Southern California).

1993 Honda Del Sol S
By blondyxtreme on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

This car was the first car I ever owned, I got it when I was sixteen and it was the perfect first car. I had fun learning how to drive a standard. The car just feels so solid. Even in the winter I could have the roof off and the heat on and I would never feel the outside air.