1993 Honda Civic del Sol - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic del Sol model:
A Car For The Ages
By goscience on 02/08/11 05:17 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

I want to second what all the previous reviewers have said. This car is an exceptional vehicle for the money. Reliable, fun to drive, driver comfort is excellent. This is not a muscle car; but who needs one. It has sufficient acceleration for passing and entering a highway and for long distance, the car just hums along super stable at 80 mph. I purchased my 1993 SI new and with regular maintenance it just keeps on trucking, I have 95,000 miles. I recently did a 4,000 mile driving trip from San Francisco along the West Coast up to British Columbiua. Then across and through the Canadian Rockies and back down through the Cascades. The car never failed me.

Why did I ever buy a Ford?
By IllChillKyle on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

To start, I traded a lower mileage 2001 Ford Mustang Premium for this Del Sol, but it was completely worth it. I can't imagine myself without this car. The previous owner didn't treat it too well so I have replaced a few parts, but still haven't spent over $1000. It handles amazingly, even on snow (no sliding) and bumps (can't feel them). MPG is a blistering 40+MPG. I live in Ohio and it stays cold for awhile yet I drive around in snow with the targa off. The cabin is so small it stays warm enough to make you sweat. It is my first manual and it took the abuse of me learning without any damage. I will never sell this car!

1993 Honda Civic Del Sol Si
By Jonathan on 08/04/10 09:42 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

I recently purchased a 1993 Honda Civic Del Sol Si used with 170,222 miles on it. The car was purchased as is and had natural wear and tear. The purchase price price was $3,600 out the door. I took it immediately to a Honda dealership that I trust and purchased my other vehicle from. I had roughly $1,600 worth of repairs done to it. The costs were mainly due to labor charge but I was able to get extra services done for free. The belts were replaced and most seals replaced along with replacing all the fluids in the car. The windshield wipers were replaced as well. I enjoy the car and trust it to take me across the country, no problem. Total investment on this car is $5,200.

Excellent car for a me and my purse
By Carol on 06/30/10 14:21 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

My car is a '93 with 163,000 miles and runs as new. I just repainted it, have '17 chrome wheels and looking cool, nobody believes is a 17 years old car. Engine is excellent, the only thing I have to fix is a oil leaking, and the ac broke in the middle of Miami summer. It doesn't run more than 80 mph, but that has keep me free of speeding tickets. It's a very small car, so think is more for a single hot girl ;)

93 del Sol Si
By dan on 02/01/09 22:34 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

At 287,000 miles, I have to admit that it is still going strong. Getting 32 mpg combined. Once above 200,000, expect a few things needing replacement. Plan on having it for quite a while yet. Extremely reliable.

My poor del sol
By jake the snake on 08/28/08 22:19 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

When I bought my del sol it had been mistreated so I decided to do it justice. Fixed just about everything: suspension (struts, springs, sway bars), new brakes including a whole new rear caliper, new exhaust since the old one fell off, new intake, plugs, seals, oil change right off the bat. Lately it has had the common Honda main relay problem and is now off the road with a possible timing problem. But it's a one of a kind car so I've decided to keep it and fix it rather than part it out

Likes and Dislikes
By Drifter924 on 08/19/08 18:43 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

Since I purchased the first one I loved it. Great car automatic or manual 5 speed! The car handles great. Mine is all original until this past weekend when I wrecked it. Some light front end damage and hopefully they won't total it. I love the car and can't say much bad about it. I live in Ohio and I get about 30 to 35 miles per gallon and that's in town. But, that is keeping my foot out of it as well. My daughter's is an automatic and gets a little less but she has a heavy foot. As for the guy that said he had problems starting when warm, look for a relay under the dash! A common problem. Techs call it rainy day syndrome. It's hooked into the starter wiring, I think.

Still in love
By madsci on 07/07/08 23:18 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

Bought my Si in 1993 and have never regretted it. Standard maintenance + replaced radiator & alternator. In 2005 my Honda dealer said I needed $2800 in preventive repairs so I decided to sell. Put a deposit on another car, couldn't sleep all night, went in and got my deposit back and took my del Sol to an independent mechanic. He did everything necessary for $800 and I'm still driving it, and I sleep well every night :-). I'm in the NE so I'm getting some rust damage and I have to replace some exhaust element every few years (can be big $$!) I get almost 40 mpg (5 spd manual) and I'll drive this car until one of us won't go anymore. At this rate (14.5 yrs and counting) it might be me!

Fun, very reliable, gas saver!
By Josh on 10/09/07 21:06 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

This car drives great, never had a problem with it. Excellent on gas, highway mpg average realistically is 30-33mpg. I wish I had the vtec though in it. Roof rattles a lot! Leaks water bad too around where the roof, window, and windshield frame joins. I love this car though and only regret about buying it is I can't carry as much with me anymore as I used to with a SUV but no worries. Has a huge trunk even with a 10" bazooka tube sub back there. Highly recommended car.

Good Starter Car
By delsolSI on 10/04/07 00:54 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

I've had my Sol for almost 3 years. I got rear ended by a van pretty hard. It didn't do a lot of damage, my bumper just got pushed in a little bit and paint got scraped off. Overall my car has been reliable until the hot summer heat. My car wouldn't start in hot weather. I would have to wait til the car cools down. I have done many mods on my car, and really enjoy driving around though. Good thing the weathers starting to cool down a bit :D

1 2 3 4 5 next »