1993 Honda Civic del Sol - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic del Sol model:
Awesome little sports car!
By big_clocks on 12/07/13 19:57 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

Bought a black 93 Del sol S with 121k miles on it about 3 months ago. It was an amazing car while it lasted. It got great gas mileage and never had a problem. Unfortunately, I was cut off and this car was absolutely totaled. I gotta say, for such a small car, it kept me safe, I had no injuries whatsoever, in a 50mph crash. Too bad it hadn't held up better though, the engine was toast because the front end didn't hold up. I plan on buying another one any day now, I love these cars!

A Car For The Ages
By goscience on 02/08/11 05:17 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

I want to second what all the previous reviewers have said. This car is an exceptional vehicle for the money. Reliable, fun to drive, driver comfort is excellent. This is not a muscle car; but who needs one. It has sufficient acceleration for passing and entering a highway and for long distance, the car just hums along super stable at 80 mph. I purchased my 1993 SI new and with regular maintenance it just keeps on trucking, I have 95,000 miles. I recently did a 4,000 mile driving trip from San Francisco along the West Coast up to British Columbiua. Then across and through the Canadian Rockies and back down through the Cascades. The car never failed me.

Why did I ever buy a Ford?
By IllChillKyle on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

To start, I traded a lower mileage 2001 Ford Mustang Premium for this Del Sol, but it was completely worth it. I can't imagine myself without this car. The previous owner didn't treat it too well so I have replaced a few parts, but still haven't spent over $1000. It handles amazingly, even on snow (no sliding) and bumps (can't feel them). MPG is a blistering 40+MPG. I live in Ohio and it stays cold for awhile yet I drive around in snow with the targa off. The cabin is so small it stays warm enough to make you sweat. It is my first manual and it took the abuse of me learning without any damage. I will never sell this car!

1993 Honda Civic Del Sol Si
By Jonathan on 08/04/10 09:42 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

I recently purchased a 1993 Honda Civic Del Sol Si used with 170,222 miles on it. The car was purchased as is and had natural wear and tear. The purchase price price was $3,600 out the door. I took it immediately to a Honda dealership that I trust and purchased my other vehicle from. I had roughly $1,600 worth of repairs done to it. The costs were mainly due to labor charge but I was able to get extra services done for free. The belts were replaced and most seals replaced along with replacing all the fluids in the car. The windshield wipers were replaced as well. I enjoy the car and trust it to take me across the country, no problem. Total investment on this car is $5,200.

Best car I have ever owned
By David on 07/16/10 09:28 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Del Sol last summer for 3100, A STEAL in my opinion. GETS AWESOME GAS MILEAGE, I average 38 mpg. Is great overall, I would say the only complaint is that it is to perfect, lol. I only have 116k on mine, and would expect her to go another 200k without any trouble. If you are considering buying a Del Sol, I would say make sure to get one that is stock, It seems like to many people think it is cool to modify these Del Sols and make them look terrible. I have only replaced the speakers since the old ones died. I just wish there where more of them out there. I have only ever seen 2 others since i have owned mine.

Excellent car for a me and my purse
By Carol on 06/30/10 14:21 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

My car is a '93 with 163,000 miles and runs as new. I just repainted it, have '17 chrome wheels and looking cool, nobody believes is a 17 years old car. Engine is excellent, the only thing I have to fix is a oil leaking, and the ac broke in the middle of Miami summer. It doesn't run more than 80 mph, but that has keep me free of speeding tickets. It's a very small car, so think is more for a single hot girl ;)

Lots of bang esp for the buck
By BJ Adair on 04/27/10 22:21 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

I drive it pretty hard and it always responds with virtually no problems.

93 del Sol Si
By dan on 02/01/09 22:34 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si 2dr Coupe

At 287,000 miles, I have to admit that it is still going strong. Getting 32 mpg combined. Once above 200,000, expect a few things needing replacement. Plan on having it for quite a while yet. Extremely reliable.

371,000 Miles and Counting
By John on 10/18/08 21:24 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

I bought the car new in 1993. At 288,000 miles I bought a Japanese exchange engine because the original engine started to use oil and it was cheaper to buy a "used" engine from Japan and replace the clutch. Total cost about $1800. I love the car even though it is noisy, the sun visors are useless, and there are no functional cup holders. Besides the replacing the engine the only time I had a mechanical problem was when the distributor wore out at 295,000 miles. That is the only time in 15 years the car stranded me. It gets 32 to 35 mpg and that's driving at 80+ mph. It is a great car overall even though it has the less powerful engine.

My '93 Honda Civic Del Sol
By Cliff Hatfield on 09/10/08 07:26 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic del Sol S 2dr Coupe

I love this car. I'm trying to get it set up for track racing, but me being 17 and in high school make it hard for me to work on it and only a very small budget. but one day you will see it somewhere.